Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always amazed to see all the props you guys have, i wanted to build some more for next Halloween, but I'm already running out of space.
I was wondering how and where you store everything ....??!!!!
Come on, give me your secret :D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
well as a witch i have a magic spell that makes everything disapear after halloween :D

basement : half full ( you know those gemmy life size never go back in their ##!!/$% boxes )
garage : half full (all the lab is stored there and organ and grim organist)
shed : full (pool shed full to the top with colums , skelly horse , guillotine etc)
closet basement and garage : full (those lighted trees 5 of them and all the buckies boxes and tombstones)
hearse : outside this year

i am lucky i have enough space basement wise and outside too but it is getting a bit invasive ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have 10 x 10 unit in one of the Self Storage Lots. I cant say its all Halloween but I will say this: 50% halloween, 30% Christmas and 20% misc. The reason I purchased the unit is my attic and understairs storage is packed full with Halloween and Christmas display pieces. Holy Cow it just hit me that I purchased a self storage unit for Halloween and Christmas, I must be nuts. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

·
Haverghast Asylum warden.
799 Posts
Where don't I store stuff. LOL. In the garage, in my room, in the backyard, in the side yard, in the shed, in all the closets, inside, and under our truck that we do not use much.

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
We store our stuff in a lot of the places mentioned above, plus in the cabinets with the pots and pans, on top of the kitchen cabinets, in the kids' closet, in the back bathroom shower stall (we never use it), under the bed. It's ridiculous. :rolleyes:

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
Laurie, that made me laugh about the shower, cuz I do exactly the same thing, as we speak the werewolf, 2 witches, the graver digger and reaper are all community showering!!! The rest are standing out side waiting to be invited in!! All the other things are all over the basement, boxes are stacked on a pool table we don't use, I am cleaning out a pantry type closet down there, and have decapitated most of the props( so they are showering sans heads) and have a head shelf, am slowly trying to organize and get things put away better. I seriously covet my hubby pole barn!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Basement storage room, most of the attic, and a shed in the backyard. What I really want is a 2 story shed (more like a small house :rolleyes:) that I saw at Home Depot, but $8,000 is a little pricey for our budget right now.

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
My "secret" is that my parents have a 6 car garage with a few empty bays! :) All the stuff that needs to be climate controlled, latex masks, stuff like that, goes either in the basement or my Halloween closet. I don't envy anyone who has to climb into their attic to get stuff..Yikes! Lot's of work I'm sure (plus scary spiders and webs and such).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have 10 x 10 unit in one of the Self Storage Lots. I cant say its all Halloween but I will say this: 50% halloween, 30% Christmas and 20% misc. The reason I purchased the unit is my attic and understairs storage is packed full with Halloween and Christmas display pieces. Holy Cow it just hit me that I purchased a self storage unit for Halloween and Christmas, I must be nuts. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
lmao ! i think i'll send the link to this thread to my man and say "see....there's worse than me ...so stop complaining !!!" (joking)

so there's no secret, no magic, just full garages, sheds etc... :D I KNEW IT :D:D

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I have all the usual spaces filled too,mostly a spare bedroom that you can only open the door in because it's so full. I also have a bad habit of not throwing anything away because it might come in handy for a prop so that takes up ALOT of room in the garage. As a result I get so overwhelmed of the stacks and stacks of tubs that I use very little of my stuff and only grab what's easiest to get to!
I wonder if there is a medical term for us? We are not eactly horders since most of us only fill our houses with halloween items : )

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
We have stuff all over too. In the closets, the attic, the office and shed.
This year we found out that our brother in law rents out a basement on the other side of town and only uses like a FOURTH of it! So we made a deal with him to store most of our bigger items there.

Nope you are not alone when it comes to storage problems. Its every man, woman and child for themselves and no place is sacred :)

MsM

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Basement storage room, most of the attic, and a shed in the backyard. What I really want is a 2 story shed (more like a small house :rolleyes:) that I saw at Home Depot, but $8,000 is a little pricey for our budget right now.
I really wanted one of them too, so I built one. It cost about $1,500 and is 10'x16' with a 10'x8' loft and another 10'x4' loft. The walls on the Home Depot ones are about six feet high, but I made mine 8 ft tall so that I would have taller loft area. Home Depot's only has a loft for half the shed. I also built a second loft over the door and it sits at 8' so that I can get sheets of plywood and 2x4s in and stand them on end.

I also ran electric and cable TV out to it...so it makes an excellent mancave in warmer weather.

My concern is that I want to build a funeral carriage this year, and don't know where I'll store it. (I was told that I couldn't build another shed :( )

1 - 20 of 28 Posts