Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Since they are "specialty" holiday items, they're going to be pricey,
especially if you want a decently-made high-quality one. You might be
lucky to find one on sale, but the closer it gets to Halloween, they'll
be even harder to find. This is just my opinion of course - good luck though! :)

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
The only other thing I'd mention is there seems to be two main different types - the "pose and stay" and the ones with loose joints. The pose and stay are handy because you can stand or pose them with very little effort. But if you're looking for a specific pose you may find the motion too restrictive. So just keep in mind what you want to do with them. The "pose and stay" types are newer, maybe just the last couple years. The other ones might be a bit cheaper.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,951 Posts
I just got a pose n stay at Target for $40, saw the same in CVS for $50, Bluckies (those blow mold skellys you see in Big Lots) are really overpriced now & not even close to being anatomically correct but they're still around & can be fun to use &/or modify.

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
You can get them for free if you-

have a couple of decent knives,
chloroform,
good running shoes.

Honestly, when it comes to life-size and realistic in detail and/or proportion, you get what you pay for.
For years the standard supplier for the high-end stuff was the 4th class materials from Anatomical chart company. The 4th class stuff is miles better than department store props.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Seeing more retailers carrying Costco quality skellies, all around $40. I have a couple from Costco, they corpse up nicely, no complaints.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a few of the decent ones. My Co-workers look out for them all year and bring me ones they find and last year i ordered the last 2 Menards had online @ 20/each.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have three buckies from the Anatomical chart company, which are the best skellies. I have a few cheapy skellies from Costco, and at least one that was half price from Spirit.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,033 Posts
I just ordered a 5' pose & stay online from CVS - I had a 30% coupon and because I let it sit in my 'shopping cart' for a couple days, they sent me an email for another $5 off. So with shipping I paid like $36 for it. That's just the one from this year. I got 2 from Walgreens on Nov 1 last year. Menards, Garden Ridge, etc. But yes - $30 - $50 is the norm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts