Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where can I get Jute Mesh, Netting or Dorp?

I know you can get them at Spirit Halloween but it is $12 for a size of a happy meal... I know Home depot and Lowe's carries this material in CA but I have called my local HD and they will not ship to Kentucky!!!

Does anyone know where in KY I can get it or can be purchased and shipped? I appreciate all the help!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
This stuff became VERY expensive due to shipping prices last year. Last I checked it was about $65 for a large roll (225 feet or so) plus at least another $65 fr shipping. I bought a bunch of 6-foot rolls form buycostumes.com for $8 each or so about a month before Halloween. Check landscaing wholesalers.

-EEric

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had found some at Big Lots last year. I don't remember the dimensions of the piece, but I want to say it was around $15.00. Of course, Big Lots is random with what they carry, so they may or may not have it this year. Keep an eye out for it though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
No problem. That's about the same to my house. I had another source but they stopped shipping last year due to shipping cost and only sell it in the Portland, OR area now.

I may have to get some of this, as it only last so long in this Kansas wind and I like using it for setting the scenes in my yard.

-EEric

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Hey ELH, I have a ton of the stuff that I use in my Haunted House every year, I was given it for free from a store that shall remain nameless.... They used in one year to decorate and after Halloween I asked about it and they said I could have whatever was used and open. Girl I cleaned that store out:) Maybe you can find some that way. I will keep an eye out for you though in the meantime.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Hey Erin I just pmd you back, If we have it here I can ship it to you, want me to check?

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Poly Jute Netting - Greenhouse Megastore has everything you need to build, equip, and maintain a commercial, hobby, school or institutional greenhouse.

For a 4'6 wide by 216 long it is $55 which is CHEAP!! so I called and asked how much to ship to Kentucky . The supplier is out of Missouri so it would cost ground to ship to me... are you ready?? TEN BUCKS!!!! I asked if this was a seasonal item only or can I purchase this year round.
Supplier stated year round... So $65 total!!!
thanks to all of the help from everyone HF you rock

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Good for you Erin, What I was thinking about is what I have. IT is much darker in color and the holes are bigger., but Im sure this will give you the effect you want. I see it says polyester, is that right? THat might not have the same look as mine but again depending on how you are using it...it could really work. Or you could buy a ton of that and then mix in just a little of the other stuff and then you would have the look you are going for. BTW just what is it you want to use this stuff for.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'd make sure that is what you want...it says it is 100% polypropylene, which is a type of plastic polymer. its also photodegradable...which means sunlight cases it to break down.

The stuff I was thinking about, and that I use, is more of a natural hemp/burlap type of fiber netting in a loose weeve. Looks kinda like crazy vines hanging when you unravel it.

-EEric

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am looking for a big roll enough to do possibly the front of my house? I do want it to be loose and creepy looking...Hmmmm maybe that one link is not what I want.. aaaa!!! help hf!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts