Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over dinner I asked my husband if he could pick up a few things for me tomorrow. He replied "Sure, that do you need?"

I promptly gave him my list:
1 1-2/ in PVC pipe
2 wiper motors
2 sheets of blue board

Not too much I thought.

His response was "You know I need to get the oil changed in my truck and we need to send a check to......blah blah blah"

I didn't hear a word past that because all I could do was stare at thim and wonder where the H-E-double hockey sticks were his priorites??? Does he not realize that October is almost here?:eek:

·
Registered
460 Posts
What is wrong with that man? I'm telling you, the nerve of some people....You need to sit him down and have a little discussion with him and get him in line..:D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hahaha, thats where I usually give my standard answer of .... "never mind I'll do it myself".

·
Registered
162 Posts
i hate to see a relationship fall apart like this....sad, really sad.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Halloween is almost here, he shold just know you are in the zone. I am divorced. If I merry again the second time around is gonna have to be a haunter cuz people who arn't don't get the zone of eat drink and sleep Halloween.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I am married again for the too manyth time. If our marriage doesn't last thought, (first I won't be getting married again that's for sure), but if I do date someone and have a steady relationship it will be with someone who loves holidays and decorating as much as I do, or there will be NO relationship. My current husband is just too lazy about doing anything holiday oriented. All he does is complain about decorating and forget about him wanting to make anything usually, but if I try to make something, heaven help me cause I'm a female. :( (Who obviously isn't capable of touching a piece of wood much less use our precious power tools). Deep breaths deep breaths. (OMG, I finally got to vent to people who understand.) He promised me earlier this year we'd make a coffin for halloween, and it's how close to halloween now, needless to say so far there is NO COFFIN at our house and no plans he's worked on so far for building one. If he hasn't by the first I will begin one myself.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
That's a shame, it really is, that couples can't enjoy something like Halloween together. It's a terrific way to bond, create something together, to let loose together. And that works double for kids as well as spouses.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm not mechanically/electrically talented so hats off to all of you that are. I can't wait until my boyfriend, who sadly is 1500 miles away, can move out here and do those things for me. In that he excels and would help make some awesome moving props. You certainly need to have someone who understands your personal interests.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Being single I think I'd settle for a man who doesn't give me THE look like he wants to commit me to an asylum each time I mention a tombstone or pumpkins. Lol.

2,442 Posts
My Husband moans all the time about how much I spend on Halloween, You just learn to ignore them after a while. We've been together almost 19 years...I've learned it takes a few years, but eventually you break their spirit ..;) with some good training they can be taught to shop for you on command..just remember to give them rewards when they do as they're told.

Waits to be bombarded by the males of the forums comment ..lol

·
Registered
576 Posts
I find that I'm visiting the forums in a different light lately. I'm no longer looking for ideas, I'm now just seeing what everyone else is doing. I need to focus on the haunt that I have planned, stick to the plan, and finish all the small details.

Which, by the way, I listed during a long a boring day at work that I couldn't escape from...I was shocked at how much I have left to do, and here I am in Japan - unable to get anything done!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have to say I am lucky. My husband isn't so much into it as I am, but he understands how much I love Halloween and would never make me feel bad about it. When I ask him to build something for me, he does. He's very good at it and knows that I appreciate it. If he's at a store and sees something I might like, he buys it for me. Nothing too expensive (which I am fine with) but he knows what I like. After 10 years of marriage he still enjoys making me happy, and I him.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I so agree..i have been with mine 13 his casual remarks r ..do we really need that?? i think u r overdoing it>> and my favorite one is How much is that??..O thats ridiculous...and i really can forget about him "bonding halloween time with me" and sharing "halloween" with me..its NEVER going to happen...but he better get used to me..im NEVER going to change either...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I feel for you. Most of my life is around Halloween. lol Grocery shopping is just in there because, I have to. I would rather spend my life at Lowe's or Michaels getting supplies and thinking up new things. I do all my own shopping and building. I get a hand here and there to help hold a board or move things around. Though he does hand out the candy and talk with the people on the big night. I'm more into the building and scaring. lol
We are planning on our wedding afer 19 years of being together so he knows what he is in for already. It looks like the last weekend of Sept. When he said that we could do the first weekend of Oct. my reply was, "then you know it's going to be a Halloween Theme don't you?" Needless to say, we will have it in Sept if it kills him. lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
Does anyone else here map out their tasks for the weekend like a trip out to 10 stores? I find myself making a list of what I want to accomplish, and then "scheduling" time to do each piece. I generally start the day with something that will require drying or curing, like painting or gluing something, and then while that is happening I move on to other tasks, such as cutting something out, wiring something, or setting more stuff up in the yard. When the first stuff I did is ready for the next step, I move back to that, and so on and so on throughout the day...I hate to sit still when there's Halloween to be done!

And speaking of spouses, my wife had a momentary lapse of reason yesterday...she got offered some free passes to go to some special Nascar experience at the Kansas Speedway where I guess you get to hang out with the pit crew and wear the same headphones they wear and listen to the drivers and all...a few problems:
1) Its Saturday, Oct 3.
2) Its an ALL DAY EVENT!
3) I absolutely cannot STAND NASCAR!!!!! (and I thought she couldn't either..but she said she thought it sounded like an "interesting experience"...)

So I politely told her I had absolutely no interest in going, regardless of it being free and how interesting it might be as we had lots of Halloween stuff to do and that was a weekend day in October that would be totally shot!

She agreed with me eventually. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Right..err...I kind of have the perfect compagnon, who always talks about Hallowe'en, all year long, who remarks when I talk about something different: 'Chica, we NEED to focus on Hallowe'en! It's within three months!'and had helped me plan out the entire theme for 2011 this week (which is acutally way cooler then this year's and next year's theme, can't wait!) and spends all his time throughout the year and all his money on helping me work on mostly Hallowe'en , but also the other theme parties we do....My employee!!!!!! Redrum Lightbringer...gotta love him!

I'm sooooo happy to be single! Yay! Although I have some guys that are in love with me, whom I obviously use for the hard labour and driving around (don't feel sorry for them, they know, as I call them up and say: "Manslave, come on over, I need you to work for me!")

So yeah...I agree, if I ever am foolish enough, or lucky enough to get married..it WILL be someone that loves it just as much! Hmm...I'm getting carried away, don't feel offended, I am really this weird...

·
Registered
116 Posts
My wife (married 8 years, together 14years) actually told me after I changed my computer wallpaper to a halloween theme in August, that she is starting to hate Halloween.For any haunters out there with spouses who give them hell about the money they spend, etc...I totally feel for you,I'm living it every day. It definately takes some of the joy out of it for me. I've always wondered what life would be like if she loved Halloween as much as i do. Oh well ,she knows me and knows I'll never change and she's still here so maybe one day she'll come around(yeah right)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts