Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Actual haunted houses?

There's a mansion about 11 miles from here that some say is haunted by a man who was shot and killed there. I've been there and didn't get any weird vibes.

Then about 30 miles away there's the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. Ghost Hunters did a show or maybe two there and that really ruined their credibility with me. I never felt anything there either, but my hubby and a friend of ours swore that a rocking chair started rocking as we walked by. My grandmother retired from there and although she told some gruesome stories of things that happened there, she never once saw a ghost.

I'm not saying that either place isn't haunted, just that I didn't experience it.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My Haunted, haunted house is in Mount Carroll, Illinois atop a dolomite rock cliff which one theory says makes it haunted.(The rock is a psychic energy battery)
Orbs have been seen here with the naked-eye AND photographed at the same time. This house has ghost stories going back to at least 1925.
Some amateur ghost hunters have been here with mixed results. The TV ghost hunters travel with too large of a crew to fit in my house and keep most of them out of the lens...
Some of the rumors concerning the possible "shady" history of this house run the gammit from a house of prostitution to "bodies behind the wall" .
This last winter an elderly woman came here and said she felt nothing in the wine cellar. Then when not in the wine cellar randomly stated :"Some very bad things happened in that room."
To which I then pointed out :"And that is why you didn't touch the wall when you were down there."
She then got a sheepish expression and said, "That's right."
Going on 15 years ago a strange man calling himself a Warlock-Psychic never touched the walls but he did place his hand very close to them and moved his hand up and down and he was very accurate about most of what he said.
I would like to meet him again and try to figure out which side he is "working" for.

·
Registered
251 Posts
We have a yearly pass to one of our local haunts, the Whaley House in Old Town (http://www.whaleyhouse.org/) and we visit often. In all the times we have toured it, we really haven't seen or captured anything. One of the kids swore something touched her behind, though and another picked up "moving orbs", but they are most likely artifacts on her phone camera... :eek:

Other popular "haunted houses" in the area are the El Campo Cemetery, Hotel Del Coronado, William Heath Davis House, Star of India (old sailing ship), Point Loma Lighthouse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts