Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first year where at least 50% of the TOT had no costume on. Throw me a bone put on a mask at least.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,075 Posts
Exact opposite here. For the first time in over 20 years, every ToT was in costume.

·
Registered
153 Posts
No costumes, no candy; and all the kids in my town know it. I hope it's not a new trnd not to wear one anymore!

·
Registered
996 Posts
We had a lot of kids with costumes but no mask/makeup....so I think they took things off as they went about....

·
Registered
670 Posts
We had hundreds of tot's and most were in costime. I had so much fun tonight!! This was the first yr ever I have people posing and taking pictures in front of my house. I scared so many people with my new jumping spider. It was awesome!! Happy Halloween everyone!!

·
Defender of Blucky Honor
1,051 Posts
I noticed that too. But we are just happy to have power after the storm.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Had a few Thor's and other super heroes and lots of witches and ninjas. Most ninjas I've seen since the 80's, overall lost of good costumes and few that while lacking they at least tried. Good year.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,487 Posts
Lots of costumes here, actually. More than any other year. We give candy to everyone and never had a problem with the ones that don't wear a costume.
(some kids can't afford, some kids feel embarrassed but still want to go... don't care, it's Halloween and all are welcome at my house).

It could be that the recession has made it a bit more difficult for people to justify spending on a costume, and kids these days lack basic imagination to make a costume themselves. That's my take, anyway.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lots of costumes here, actually. More than any other year. We give candy to everyone and never had a problem with the ones that don't wear a costume.
(some kids can't afford, some kids feel embarrassed but still want to go... don't care, it's Halloween and all are welcome at my house).

It could be that the recession has made it a bit more difficult for people to justify spending on a costume, and kids these days lack basic imagination to make a costume themselves. That's my take, anyway.
maybe i should donate some of them but a couple years ago igot costumes 2 days after halloween for a dollar or less at k-mart so got about 30 of them some were originally like 35 dollars so i gave spares in case my daughters friends need must them were adult sizes

·
Registered
41 Posts
Due to whether the first selectman of my town in CT advised kids to skip trick or treating tonight and go on november 5th. I decided that was stupid and prepared for TOTs anyway. I got one group at my house so a couple of friends and i decided that if the kids arent going to TOT why not have the teens do it. All the people were thrilled to have us as their only few TOTs so they dumped a massive amount of candy in our bag. I was out for a half an hour and i got enough candy to give 5 kids diabetes.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Yeah, its been a growing trend around here as well. :/

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Frankie's Girl, I think you're probably right. Money is tight and costumes are not a neccessity, therefore many kids don't get one. And let's face it - costumes are expensive! Now we all know you can make one or throw together something out of what you already have but not everybody gives as much thought to Halloween as we do.

Having said all that, I didn't notice a single kid without a costume this year. Of course, there were quite a few with a little makeup and a Halloween T shirt or something like that. It doesn't matter to me anyway. They all get the same treat.

·
Registered
78 Posts

That seems to be the way and I don't want any kid to go without a good treat solely because their parents can't afford costumes!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dont think it was affording a costume because you van make something easy. Id be happy with street clothes and a Zorro mask.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Same here, lots of non costumes. Of course I could be old and they are Jersey shore characters or something I don't recognize. :) Rule at my no house. No costume = raisins.

Whoopie cushion was the costume of the night for me.
I am thinking about having an "A" list bowl of candy and a "B" list bowl for No-costume adults.

"A" list candy= the good stuff

"B" list= an apple or 1 piece hard candy or a rock (just kidding on that last one...Charlie Brown)

What do you think?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts