Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to pick up a few things for next year; a demon mask, feet, hands, a reaper mask hands, robe.

I'm checking out a few of the regular sites for sales, and they all stink! Light to no discounts. Anyone know where good sales are for this type of stuff?

·
Registered
408 Posts
With Spirit and other Halloween stores, 50% off everything is in-stores only. Spirit does have a up to 60% off clearance sale on their site, though.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Not looking for too much but yesterday I went to Walgreens and bought some stuff which included a very large skull that lights up. After looking at it all night last night I decided I needed another one, they would look great on columns for the pet cemetery. Luckily there was one left this morning so I bought a few other things too. That's all the after Halloween shopping I'm doing. I'm heading out to get some more styrofoam panels from a guy I found on Craigs list. 4x8 2inch used panels in great shape....$7.00 a piece. Time to start the tombstones.

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
I went to my local Target this morning and nothing was discounted. I was quite disappointed.

Surprised. Stopped in at Target after coffee around 10:30 am to see if there were any purple storage bins left at my store, and what was left of Halloween was all 50% off. None of the solid color Serilite tubs were left so ended up with a clear one with a purple lid. I hate mixing colored totes but hubby said maybe the purple colored would be good for essential stuff like lighting and adapters (couldn't locate the ones I know I bought on clearance last year from Spirit, so sounded like a good idea). Also picked up a nice set of adult gorilla gloves. Smaller sized than the ones I used this year and these have fingers that should wrap nicely around cage bars when I do my carnival.

What I did see were lots of costumes, accessories, 2 wolf rugs, a haunted clock, a few of the ceramic brain cookie jars (was tempted). No skelly anything. No tombstones. If there were any left figure the early birds got them.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Sales? I had a hard time finding stuff at full price two weeks before. Stores were already taking away the Halloween stock for Christmas.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I was just going to post about this. First thing this morning me and the wife said "We need to hit the after Halloween sales" It is 100% more important
to do after Halloween shopping than after Thanksgiving...... who cares about lousy dvd's, dvd player etc...... junk you can find in the trash everyday........
anyway we got a bunch of skulls, a couple big spiders, a 4 pack of tombstones and a single tombstone and some spider webbing..... 50% off of course.
My nosey french bulldog tried to steal a spider LOL :)

IMG_0388.jpg

·
Registered
397 Posts
4 Spirit stores in my area with EVERYTHING at 50% off. Displays on sale.. even the LED monitor that's used for the environment dvd videos they have.

We scored about $200 worth of LED lighting, Minecraft stuff, crossbow and about 10 different pairs of knee socks for Maleficent to enjoy all at half price.

First time taking advantage of the sale and there was SO much stuff there still left.

·
The Haunting Girl
938 Posts
Target and Party City were still at full price this morning. Lowe's and Wal-mart had 50%, but there was pretty much nothing left. Halloween City was only doing 30% off...
I was really, really mad to say the least.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Halloween Asylum on line has up to 50% off. Most of the stuff was 50% and only a few things a bit less. Bit there is not a lot left, but good for some masks and décor.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Spirit was pretty cleared out. I went to two locations, and the few larger props they had left were stuff I didn't want. Ended up getting a bunch of fake razor wire and barb wire forbour zombie party. Later in the day stopped in a target that had a bunch of skellies left. Picked up two full size skellies and one mini, and could have got more if I had more to spend.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The hubs and I hit Walmart, Canadian Tire and the Real Canadian Superstore, and all of what they had left of halloween was 50% off. Got some webbing in fun colors and glow in the dark, some new purple lights for my roofline - the other string I had is too short, pumpkin carving kits (well because) a skull torch light, a plastic skull, a foam carving pumpkin and a bag of spiders. 20151101_152626.jpg

Not pictured - got my 8 year old a Darth Vader costume. She's over the moon. And of course more treats - why pay full price for granola bars and rice krispie squares when you can buy the halloween ones on clearance?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Halloween.jpg

This was a picture of our 1st cart from Walmart. Stocking up for next year. ( sorry for the picture angle)

We got there for store opening at 9. When the gates opened, everyone went straight to the candy. NO ONE WENT TO THE PROPS. everything was 75% off. We had a similar cart full at Spirit for 50% off. We had no problem finding deals today.

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
I got an email from HALLOWEEN CITY today stating their last day of business is going to be Tuesday, 11/3. They also advertised 50% off on all decorations and props and 30% off on all costums and accessories.

I believe today, Monday, 11/2, is the last day for SPIRIT HALLOWEEN. 50% off everything in the store.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know what's wrong with me but if I'm not getting 80%-90% off of stuff I have little interest lol. A couple weeks ago I talked Home Depot and Party City into giving me three damaged $40 props for $5 each, that was awesome haha.

·
Registered
397 Posts
30% off on masks at Halloween City and 50% off decorations until tomorrow.
Not really great stuff there.

50% off everything and I mean EVERYTHING in Spirit until tonight.

I picked up 2 of the AtmosFEARfx LED monitors for a steal.
They only run on SD card or USB but for the price and quality.. super crazy deal.

Also picked up a jumping spider today that I'm going to turn into a different prop.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got what I wanted from Home Depot on Halloween since they were already 50% off. Spirit didn't have anything I was interested in so really wasn't worth me making the hour drive to the nearest one. Other than that I just ordered this. So pretty much got what I wanted this year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts