Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you guys!...
I open this thread to ask a question. I'm from Spain and I don't know some things about celebrate halloween in the US. For example, a doubt I have is, when you decorate your houses, yards...with halloween decorations? I mean, how many days before? I saw in some posts you make skeletons, corpses with countdown signs, "X days til halloween"....Can you solve me my doubt?? Hehehe...and some particulars things more than TOT...

Thanks people...;)

Ps: If you people think this thread is useless, say it and I eliminate it.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
I start on Oct 1st. The kids in my neighborhood get upset if I don't at least have the pumpkin headed guardian up. The year I couldn't get there till the 2nd Parents stopped by saying "oh thank you my kids were afraid you weren't doing the haunt this year"

·
Registered
491 Posts
The first weekend in October so this year it will be the 5th. In the past I have started later and the neighbor kids come around and ask when I will start setting up.
-Z

·
Registered
706 Posts
I start planning and building around Labor Day (US) first week of September. I only put out decorations on Halloween Day. Some things like walls, walkway, and fencing are put out earlier, maybe a week before. Two reasons: one, I don't want anyone to mess with my stuff (including the weather) and two, I want it to be a surprise what's inside.

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
For me it was around October 7th. Basically about 3 weeks from Halloween.

It's so neat to have someone from Spain posting here. I've been dying to ask a Spaniard this question:

I have a YouTube channel (scaryladyvideos) and one of my Transworld videos (Halloween props) went viral in Spain. I was wondering if people in Spain are getting into Halloween now? I had read something that the college-aged people in urban areas were the ones driving this new trend?

·
Registered
21 Posts
This year for me will be Oct 2. My first day off. But that is just for the outside. Sept 26 will be the day for inside the house, which also just happens to be my wedding anniversary. So it should be great to see the look on my wife's face and the babysitter that we get for the night

·
Registered
606 Posts
This year is the earliest I started decorating. I went crazy on ebay and a online hobby store and started (and finished...no more room left on my buffet!) my Lemax Spooky Town collection.

Also this year, as inspired by the Walgreen's Skelly that some members posed in the house, and with Elf on the Shelf in mind, bendable Jack Skellington will be coming to visit to bring Halloween goodies for our daughter on October 1st. 'He' will be putting up Halloween decorations for her and has some costume accessories.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I start planning and building around Labor Day (US) first week of September. I only put out decorations on Halloween Day. Some things like walls, walkway, and fencing are put out earlier, maybe a week before. Two reasons: one, I don't want anyone to mess with my stuff (including the weather) and two, I want it to be a surprise what's inside.
I'm building things now hehehe...but like you, I usually put all decorations on Halloween Day, but just because of the people...here's no pretty common see haunting yards so..maybe people goes crazy and stole something so...better the H-day hehehe...but readin' all your answers I'm excited now and I'm thinking to put my things some days before too hehehe...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Sublime Nightmare, I celebrate but cause I love to decorate the house and the yard hehehe...I love it! but I'm the only one in my neigborhood who decorates this way...some people hang some vampires black-paper cut outs (I don't know if it's ok hahahaha), but not to much... I usually set all the decorations the same day, to avoid some come to steal or breaking things...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This year for me will be Oct 2. My first day off. But that is just for the outside. Sept 26 will be the day for inside the house, which also just happens to be my wedding anniversary. So it should be great to see the look on my wife's face and the babysitter that we get for the night
hahahahaha...good day to be your wedding anniversary...so spooky!!...be prepare to make a photo when your wife and babysitter enter to the house hehe ;)

·
Registered
874 Posts
the sun here will rot or fade anything if its put out early and then there is the theft or destruction issue also. so we can only put decorations and our halloween haunt out on halloween day. those in the beautiful southern and eastern and midwestern states can put there stuff out early.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts