• Scary

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
YAAAAY for the scary!

I had to carve a Tigger pumpkin last year for my friend's little girl and I kept telling mysef over and over "it's ok...it's not for you...don't worry about carving a cutesy pumpkin...it's ok...it's not for you". hah hah

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Those really artistic carvings fascinate me and my son is really good at those but I just usually stick to some variation of the classic jack face. I know my limits!

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I actually have no skill at all for making my own patterns but I can carve like mad if given a pattern!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,855 Posts
You didn't do a selection for "all of the above"

My hubby and I carve anywhere between 6-12 JoL. We do scary, funny, traditional, abstract, artsy....

·
Registered
530 Posts
This is true "all of the above" works better for me. I went with "creative' because I do a lot of those pumpkin patterns like the haunted house, headless horseman, werewolf, raven on a skull, etc. I usually pick the scariest versions of these, but I consider them "creative", rather than "scary", since I think "scary" was intended to mean a scary face, right? Maybe you should add a "pattern" selection too! :)

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
I've carved hundreds over the years. I've made "will you marry me?" pumpkins for friends, portraits, houses, sports teams...you name it.

My favorite tip is to carve out the "drain" hole at the bottom of the pumpkin. You don't have to worry about a lid that might cave in. It is easy to light a pumpkin this way. You can also buy all the pumpkins that other people do not like because they do not stand straight. It is easy to correct that if you make the hole at the bottom.

The pumpkins seem to last longer this way. You petroleum jelly on all your cuts. This also makes the JOL last longer.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
I'm a big fan of the classic designs.

I did complex stencil designs in 06, and although they looked good, in my eyes nothing beats a classic.

And according to one forum member, pumpkinjack i believe, they look great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts