Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm not sure if there has been a thread started for this...but I am curious! I know we had one for the previous years?

We have a few weddings in October which sadly takes up or available weekends for our annual party. womp womp.... So Usually we do it t he 3rd weekend in October. Our 1st party was the 1st or 2nd week in October. I got the feeling that it was too early for some folks to get in the spirit...YEAH...I know! the available weekends we are throwing around are, Oct 4th, Oct 18th, my fiancé's cousin is getting married, depending on the time of the wedding lol..... Oct 31st or Nov 1st.

So when is your party?!?!

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
Same here. I'm really looking forward to 2015 so we can actually have our party on Halloween night.
This is actually our last year, we're taking a break so we're really trying to turn this years party out :-/

BUT 2015 we are planning to spend in Salem for Halloween and go to one of the parties there so hopefully it'll be truly magical. :-D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is actually our last year, we're taking a break so we're really trying to turn this years party out :-/

BUT 2015 we are planning to spend in Salem for Halloween and go to one of the parties there so hopefully it'll be truly magical. :-D

oh my goodness what a dream!!!! It is on my bucket list!

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Like many of the members here, my annual party is usually the weekend before Halloween; however, there is a lot going on that weekend. I had a friend suggest I hold it on Saturday 11/1 (since Halloween proper will be Friday) and call it "October 32nd". I like the idea of keeping the celebrating going on 11/1 and will put a spin on my haunted carnival/freak show by combining with a message of the Twilight Zone on 10/32.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Last year we had our party on November 1st. I'd really like to do it on the 25th this year because having the party on a Friday after work was really stressful with all the last minute things, but my people are being strangely resistant. I don't think they appreciate that if you have your party the weekend before Halloween, you can have TWO Halloweens!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I usually have mine the Saturday night before Halloween but this year some dear friends (and the official photographers!) will be out of town that weekend so I'm doing it on 10/18. I've been very lucky the past years that it was cool enough toward the end of the month to have a fire in the back yard. The middle of the month is dicey in this regard so I may do one of those smoking cauldrons instead.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We'll have ours on Saturday the 25th also. We don't ever have it on Halloween - even if it lands on a Saturday because it conflicts with TOTs. And even though my kids recently outgrew that phase, many of our guests have young children and might feel torn and have to choose. We don't want that! So it is ALWAYS the Saturday before. I will leave up most of the decorations and have a smaller party for my 13 year old son and friends on Halloween night. 2 Parties - YAY!!!
P.S. I really am trying to enjoy summer, but keep finding myself daydreaming about October.... Is that wrong??? lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
The weekend before Halloween seems like the most popular and is when we have our's, although it would be acceptable this year to have it on November 1st (All Hallow's Day). In the past, we've thrown around the notion of having it earlier but as Bewitching mentioned, people don't seem too receptive of the idea--too early for the common folk!

Chewy--also looking forward to next year...I'm going to have to work extra hard to top this year!

Kenneth--It's so cool that you're going to Salem!! I'm sooooo envious!

Frogkid--love the Twilight Zone idea!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Our party is the night before Halloween, every year. I do a test run in my cemetery that night so everyone gets to see it it action and I can make certain the fog machines won't let me down. lol This coming year I am going to be making lasagna.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like many of the members here, my annual party is usually the weekend before Halloween; however, there is a lot going on that weekend. I had a friend suggest I hold it on Saturday 11/1 (since Halloween proper will be Friday) and call it "October 32nd". I like the idea of keeping the celebrating going on 11/1 and will put a spin on my haunted carnival/freak show by combining with a message of the Twilight Zone on 10/32.

Frogkid how have your nov 1st parties been in the past? I'm down to oct 31st or nov 1. Do you have a good turn out with people going and celebrating the night before?

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Frogkid how have your nov 1st parties been in the past? I'm down to oct 31st or nov 1. Do you have a good turn out with people going and celebrating the night before?
Hey Bewitching, actually this is the first year I'll be having my annual party the day after halloween. Mine are usually the weekend before the actual day so that it doesn't conflict with the TOTs and the things that my guests like to do with their children on that day. My event is adult only to give them a break and let their creativity run wild without the restraint of a "G" rated setting (actual spooky stuff, adult beverages, etc.).

I'll be sure to report back on how it went, but everyone that I've heard from is really excited to keep celebrating into the Saturday after Halloween since the actual holiday is Friday.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Bewitching, actually this is the first year I'll be having my annual party the day after halloween. Mine are usually the weekend before the actual day so that it doesn't conflict with the TOTs and the things that my guests like to do with their children on that day. My event is adult only to give them a break and let their creativity run wild without the restraint of a "G" rated setting (actual spooky stuff, adult beverages, etc.).

I'll be sure to report back on how it went, but everyone that I've heard from is really excited to keep celebrating into the Saturday after Halloween since the actual holiday is Friday.
ohh ok sorry about that lol. Mine is adult only too and I just don't want a lot of guests being tired from work, in a bind with other Halloween night activities with their kids and such. I'm just hoping everyone isn't too tired (hung over) from the night before. With all the hard work I'd be sad!!! lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
always have it before Halloween! Ours will be the 25th. We always have to outdo the previous year. I have already started making decorations!

·
Registered
185 Posts
November 1st here. normally doing it a week before, but we have a school holliday here than and a lot of people take a vacation around that time and won't be here for the party...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts