Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find out when the free garbage day....boy scout pick up day.....or whatever they call it is........SO MANY GREAT ITEMS that people throw out that can be used for Halloween! Does anyone else go and look when they have these or am I just CRAZY?

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,095 Posts
Not sure what your talking about.

The Boy Scouts do a food drive where they collect canned foods.

I know they have a hazardous waste pick up...

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think Harboe is talking about spring cleanup day when lots of communities pick up items other than garbage. When I lived in the city there was always cool stuff on the curb. Now I go to the transfer station and occasionally find something but not often. Curbside salvaging got so bad in some towns that they outlawed it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I need to find out when the free garbage day....boy scout pick up day.....or whatever they call it is........SO MANY GREAT ITEMS that people throw out that can be used for Halloween! Does anyone else go and look when they have these or am I just CRAZY?
It varies by locality. Check with your local waste/recycling center for when your area does it. It's sometimes labeled as bulk and or e-waste pick up. I don't go out of my way to find places (people around me come in droves for scrap steel and copper on that day) but will glance up and down my street. Old power wheel motors, treadmill motors, and electric scooter motors are always on my radar, just not a lot of luck.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was the object of the post. Alot of small communities around here have it one weekend in the spring. I dont have alot of luck but once in a while you find a good motor or I esspecially watch for people setting out PVC pipe and such. Can never have too much PVC pipe around.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Not sure who that is directed at, but that is a little rude. The OP wasn't sure what it was called and thought maybe it had something to do with boy scouts. The resulting posts were simply trying to help. If you think posters misread or misunderstand a post, you could try a little decorum when responding.
I'm a little confused. That was the OP responding to their own thread. Or am I misunderstanding completely?

·
Super Moderator
5,812 Posts
Not sure who that is directed at, but that is a little rude. You weren't sure what it was called and thought maybe it had something to do with boy scouts. The resulting posts were simply trying to help. If you think posters misread or misunderstand a post, you could try a little decorum when responding.
Where tone of voice is impossible to convey in the forum format, and given the vernacular ranges across the world, I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt before thinking they were trying to be rude. I don't think the original poster was meaning any offense by their post, and merely trying to clarify what they were talking about.

Similarly, I don't think you mean to offend anyone by calling them out with your remark here and maybe just read a little more into things than I, or maybe live in an area with differing sensibilities on decorum.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. I meant nothing offensive about the boy scouts. When they have a spring clean up day here it is the boy scout troops that volunteer and go around town to load things in the trucks and alot of the items are donated by the troops to local shelters or good will or the salvation army. This is why alot of people here refer to that day as the Boy Scout pick up day. Hope this helps and i meant nothing derogitory about the boy scouts.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,082 Posts
We have a spring & fall bulk trash pick up in our town where they take everything except paint, propane tanks, large yard waste, things like that. In fact the spring pick up should be coming up soon. It's hit or miss usually.

The hit was when my husband found 2 really nice bikes he got repaired for less than $50 & still uses. I've gotten some great planters, a little table for the cats to sit on (that was actually the intended use too, they didn't just claim it like cats tend to do), some lawn chairs, bookcases, all sorts of stuff.

Oddly enough the worst pickings are at the McMansions in town.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Everyday is free garbadge day when you are a trash panda!

Seriously though, it depends onm your area. Not all places have stuff like that.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,082 Posts
What's funny is as soon as I saw the title I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about because we have a bulk trash day & I wanna thank you for reminding me we've got stuff that needs to be put out when the time comes.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,095 Posts
Ok. I meant nothing offensive about the boy scouts. When they have a spring clean up day here it is the boy scout troops that volunteer and go around town to load things in the trucks and alot of the items are donated by the troops to local shelters or good will or the salvation army. This is why alot of people here refer to that day as the Boy Scout pick up day. Hope this helps and i meant nothing derogitory about the boy scouts.
It's never easy being the first one responding to a thread

I don't think anyone including myself are intentionally being rude.

We don't have a spring clean up where I live so I didn't understand the question.

I will mention that I was a Eagle Scout and did lots of volunteering and canned food drives, so I was hoping the OP wasn't making a mockery of the organization.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
yellow shag rug rolled up, tied , taken by a man used at his own shack?
I saw this rug before it was rolled and tied. Nobody would want this carpet..unless they like a rug full of holes with heavy dog urine stains in between those holes?

YIKES!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts