Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot seem to find a suitable calendar in the house that will tell me when the first day of Fall is. :/

Also, it's cooling down, and I spotted a few leaves that have started changing color.
Stores have started putting out Halloween stuff. (Yay!) My mom put out the Halloween tablecloth. Definitely a sign.
Have YOU seen anything yet?

Brace yourselves: Fall is coming.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,603 Posts
Autumn starts on the 22nd of September this year.
I have also started seeing the leaves just beginning to change around here. My neighbor has a row of bushes between our houses that turn bright, beautiful red in the fall...they have finally just started to show a bit of a color change. :)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
The pecans on my trees are starting to ripen and the squirrels are gathering as fast as they can - that's always our first sign of fall. :D
Daytime highs are low 90's now instead of 100+ like they were a couple of weeks ago so there is a gradual change happening. It can't come too fast for me; I want daytime highs to be in the 50-60 range!

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
the 22nd as WK said.

its a brisk 60 something degrees today and it feels awesome. cold and rainy. perfect weather for a fire (if my fireplace was safe to use) and a cup of tea and a blanket. too bad its going to be wasted on plumbing.

·
Registered
706 Posts
It's been sort of grey and dull outside today, just like fall, but it's misleading - humid and still too warm, with a warm breeze if any. I wore a sweater and that was a mistake. We had a couple of weeks back in August that were perfect 70s and cool...it's catching up now. But still, it's not as hot as it was, so fall is coming. I'm ready.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I already had to rake some leaves this year but we also had cicadas that mess with trees. Highs in the low 70s with lows int he upper 50s at night and one night was the 40s

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm in Arizona, it's hot and the cactus needles don't change colors in the fall. ;) The only thing I can go by is Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks and Sprite stores opening up. That and marking September 22nd on my calendar.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Officially starting to cool off here in Kansas. The forecast for this whole week has light rain :) which I don't mind one bit. As stated before, Autumn Equinox is on September 22nd this year! Coming up so soon, we've got less than a week. I plan on celebrating by doing a bit of baking and if weather permits, I will have a small picnic in the park by our house.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Well, it's interesting...astronomically, Autumn begins on the 22nd, like many here have said. But, apparently, meteorological Autumn began on Sept. 1. I have no idea what the difference is....

I live just a wee bit south of James and have had the same signs of Autumnal goodness he has.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
temps have started dropping and leaves are starting to change here.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,603 Posts
Well, it's interesting...astronomically, Autumn begins on the 22nd, like many here have said. But, apparently, meteorological Autumn began on Sept. 1. I have no idea what the difference is....

I live just a wee bit south of James and have had the same signs of Autumnal goodness he has.
Well, the equinox (astronomical) happens when the Earth's equator is at a certain angle to the sun, twice a year, Spring and Fall (Also the two days of the year that both day and night are equally 12 hours long, due to the suns location to the earth.) Meteorological bases it's seasons on months, (Sept, Oct, Nov for Autumn) because the astronomical days are technically in the middle of some regions seasons, not the beginning. I celebrate both times...the first of September is my Autumn start when I decorate for fall, enjoy fall things and foods, ect...but I celebrate the Autumnal Equinox, as well, with special things. ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm in Arizona, it's hot and the cactus needles don't change colors in the fall. ;) The only thing I can go by is Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks and Sprite stores opening up....
Oh do I feel your pain! I live for the return of pumpkin spice. When really desperate, I make sure all the curtains are closed and crank the A/C down really cold so I can pretend it's fall weather. Even went to L.A. this past weekend and had hoped it would be cooler weather. But no, was still 90+. UGH!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Fall is definitely approaching! Here in Ohio, I've seen quite a bit of leaves changing already...and the past week or so it's been quite cold. This morning is was 46 degree's out on my way to work!! It typically isn't that cold in September yet...so I'm hoping it not a sign of early Winter (ewww).

Finally got all my Halloween stuff out of the garage yesterday...so I need to pick up a Pumpkin Spice latte...light my Yankee Apple Pumpkins candles..and get to work...this weather really gets you pumped! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts