Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of stuff that isn't really good enough to sell, but I don't want to just throw it away. What do you do with this stuff?

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Craigslist it as a free on curb, Freecycle it, or donate it if it has any life left. I do Nextdoor (neighborhood site) and see free decor on the curb all the time on there too and it's usually snapped up fast if it's right after the holiday.

Reactions: Tired_Yeti

redrum
I give it away to other haunters in the area. I've done this so many times they ask every year...... what you selling what are you getting rid of.
I love keeping it in the home haunts, beats the landfill

Registered
I have a lot of stuff that isn't really good enough to sell, but I don't want to just throw it away. What do you do with this stuff?
My neighbor either takes it to GoodWill (ugh!)
Or gives it to me (yay!)

My suggestion, if you have a friend/neighbor who likes to set up a Halloween display, try to give it to them first. If not, you might get a tax deduction for donating it to GoodWill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhat Eccentric
I've considered offering stuff I don't need here. No other haunters close and Craigslist is practically nonexistent where I live. There is a Facebook group where you can buy and sell Halloween decorations though I'd still probably offer it here first. :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly semi-rural currently and I don't know any local haunters. I miss the craft recycleing wareehouse in the san francisco bay area, they'd be happy yo have it and it'd probably end up in someone's art project.

Maybe I'll do a FREE in MIDDLE TN post in the sdale section once I get it sorted but it's likely to be a few weeks.

His name is Roger Clyne
If it's a bigger prop, offer it here, if no taker here, I offer it at work or to family/friends, if no takers there then I thrift/Goodwill/Salvation Army/etc. it.

I've tried offering smaller lots of stuff here & they got zero takers so it all ended up at Goodwill/SA.

I did discover this weekend that a nephew has a similar love of Halloween so he's getting first rights of refusal from now on for all my stuff, especially the bigger props (not that I have many any more). I'm down to 7 Bluckys, (I KNOW RIGHT!?!?HOW?WHY?, but I can't part with them yet), a standing zombie & the Deadwalkers as far as large, store bought props go.

I've only kept the Bluckys because I would love to do some of what Hilda did with hers, making them little ToTers.

The Big Kahuna of Fright
I cannibalize my stuff. Strip out motors, rare earth magnets, even fabric and chicken wire. But once I had a 7' King Tut sarcophagus that I couldn't do anything with. 150 lbs, all painted gold. With the help of some neighbourhood kids I tossed it in the dump. Wouldn't you know it landed right side up. Did THAT look weird...

Registered
I have a pile of black plastic that needs to go. I'm downsizing drastically. Took 1 load to the dump yesterday. Prob have 2 or 3 more loads to go.

Premium Member
I cannibalize my stuff. Strip out motors, rare earth magnets, even fabric and chicken wire. But once I had a 7' King Tut sarcophagus that I couldn't do anything with. 150 lbs, all painted gold. With the help of some neighbourhood kids I tossed it in the dump. Wouldn't you know it landed right side up. Did THAT look weird...
I do the same. Last big prop that we tossed was this huge hanging vampire creature. We had him for years and he was just finally too busted up so I cut his fabric off and kept one of his huge hands because I could see it holding this huge crystal ball we have. I get really attached to my decorations, so I always try and repurpose parts of them so that they're not ever completely gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts