Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here in Iowa where i live corn mazes open up shortly and halloween items are showing up on store shelves. when does the "season" kick off in your area?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would have to say late September. Most of the theme park haunt events start the last Friday/Saturday/Sunday of September.

As far as stores go, by August many have their Halloween departments set up.

For me? The Yankee Candle Preview Party is the kick off of Halloween for me...my home is decorated throughout the entire year, but we bring out extra decor August/September. Or we just put up new deco as we buy it :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
In my area, I would say right after Labor Day. All the haunted attractions start to push heavy and stores are fully stocked.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
In Florida most of the stores have their Halloween stuff out as soon as the back to school push is over (kids go back to school mid August). Halloween Horror Nights and Howl O Scream start in early to mid September. We don't usually have pumpkin stands until October though because its still really hot and they rot quickly!

·
Registered
237 Posts
In central Nebraska, it's usually September. The stores though start Halloween inventory late july and early august. As someone else said, the big push starts late august after the kids go back to school.
For me personally, it starts in February and really gets cranking in may :D

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I would have to say late September. Most of the theme park haunt events start the last Friday/Saturday/Sunday of September.

As far as stores go, by August many have their Halloween departments set up.

(snip)
Am in LA County as well and my experience has been the same.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Here in Jax. Micheal's has some small items out now, but Hobby Lobby has had autumn items in store for about three weeks. Most others, that is Wal-mart, Walgreens, will begin putting items on the shelf after Labor Day. I consider Halloween and haunting starting as soon as Spirit opens their store last week in September. BOOOOO !

·
Reaper Guardian
2,075 Posts
Here...have already had a Spirit store sighting (yes it is closed but IT IS THERE). AC Moore has their haunt on, haven't checked Mikeys yet (I don't shop at Hobby Lobby, they may be in full autumn mode, don't know). Most of the rest of the stores will wait until schools are back in session - which starts in a week and a half, but most won't be back until Labor Day. We'll also see some people putting out their decor on Labor Day weekend. The amusement park haunts (Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens) will start end of September, with most commercial haunts kicking in then or shortly thereafter as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here in Ontario it's late September/early October that things really get going. The dollar stores are starting to put stuff out, as well as the craft stores. Back to school is about to really get into the swing, and the department type stores (walmart et al) will start to put out the halloween stuff as the back to school stuff condenses, so about a week or two before the kids go back after Labour day. They won't clearance the BTS stuff until the week after labour day and then the hallowen stuff comes out in force. Spirit stores and the like will open late September. Is it sad I'm always happy to see the BTS stuff because I know that the halloween stuff is coming?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts