Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was wondering when does everyone set up their Halloween displays. People think we are fanatics when it comes to Halloween.....only because we set our display up Labor Day Weekend! YES!!!!! That is starting tomorrow. But I figure that is some stores already have the dreaded Christmas stuff out then it is time to set up Halloween. And we leave it up until Mid November.............MAXIMUM NIEGHBOR APPRECIATION!!!!!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
right after Labor Day

·
Registered
383 Posts
Outside: I'll set up my props and front yard scene Oct 1.

Inside: I've already started setting up little odds and ends in my house. Probably because of you guys and my mind always being on Halloween now. :D I just hung a creepy grabbing hand in my husband's bathroom; it's holding his hand towel next to the sink. And I set up a little skeleton butler across from the commode that holds a spare roll of bathroom tissue on his tray. I've been digging through some boxes that are more readily available than the ones in my attic and have been setting things out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't do outside until Halloween day because I am afraid of theft. But my entire downstairs is just about done now. It takes days to do it and because I will be busy with other things this month I did it early. Now I can just relax and enjoy it for the month of October. Only problem now is I had to schedule an appointment with a security company and they are coming tomorrow and will see all my stuff and think I am crazy. That is why I APPRECIATE Halloween forum people, they understand.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I am starting on inside stuff now. Will wait on party decorations till closer to Halloween because, cats. Outside I am probably going to do next week, or at least start on. I am having back trouble and it's going to be really warm, humid & yucky so that will slow me down.

·
Registered
327 Posts
In the past I've set up on Halloween morning then take it down Halloween night. Afraid of theft or vandalism. Last year I set up the exterior coverings on the house and the cemetery several days before Halloween. This year I'm going bigger so I need to start set up at least a week before Halloween. The expensive props will still go out on Halloween day though.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Nothing Halloween outside before October, usually the first weekend so this year the big setup will be October 3 with me adding to it all month long. Any earlier would be too much wear and weather on all my props, plus I don't want anyone to be sick of it before the big night. I'll probably go ahead and to some generic fall décor around my doorstep this week, maybe today even. When I was out walking this morning, I saw one house with a few scarecrows and chrysanthemums out and it made me smile. I'll take fall any way I can get it!
Indoor Halloween can start anytime now. I put out my countdown skeleton from Michael's when I brought it home 10 days ago. I'm also getting ready to start setting up my Spooky Town village. I've just got to decide where, since my furniture arrangement has changed since last year.

Reactions: ooojen

·
Registered
278 Posts
Already up for the past few weeks. Because Halloween and Christmas are my favorite I start Halloween in August and Christmas in October.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The kids go back to school next week, any time after that is fair game. I generally start with fall items and move towards halloween as the fall progresses. But usually the first weekend after labor day is when I haul it all out, take stock, and start figuring out a timeline. The most expensive items that go outside don't go out until the last few days, but by early October I usually have a pretty good display rocking.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I start setting up the 1st weekend in October with the graveyard scene. I add to it up until Halloween night. Big props go out Halloween day. Most comes down on Halloween night when the TOT'ers are done.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
mdana2014, your décor is incredible! I have wanted a Halloween tree for years but just never got around to getting one. You may have inspired me to go out and find one today! Love it! :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
I put Halloween ornaments on my Christmas tree every year. I've been permitted to start getting out Halloween decorations Sept. 1st. The holiday has grown on my husband and he even helped me solder a broken prop yesterday! I'm slowly converting him to be one of us, one of us!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts