Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic of Discussion:
Curious to hear when people begin to set up their yards for Halloween.
I have been doing a "stepped up" display for 8 years now and have always done it about 1 week before Halloween depending on the day of the week that the 31st falls. I also begin removal on the 1st and completly gone by the 2nd.
My reasons for this short and sweet display are many but it started so I didnt piss off the neighbors. I feel it heightens the inpact and anticipation and I know I would grow tired of it if its out longer. I also feel the limited time has decreased the vandalisim and theft factor which has been close to zero which is surprising as I live on a very busy street.
Happy Haunting

·
Registered
66 Posts
Halloween afternoon usually. I put too much money into this stuff to risk someone taking something or getting ruined by winds or rain.
Most of my stuff can't handle weather anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put mine up in stages or phases. We will start with putting lights in all shrubs. I wait until school Fall break is over, which will be over this weekend, before I put everything out. This decreases theft and vandalism. Years ago we had bad experiences due to bored teens out late looking for trouble. So we usually have everything out for two weeks. Everything comes down late Halloween night. It goes down a lot faster than when it goes up! It helps having a big garage to put everything, so later you can properly pack and store until next year!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts