Halloween Forum banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I do a small yard hunt and change the theme each year.

2016: Papa Legba/Voodoo
2017: Trick r’ Treat
2018: skipped due to a newborn
2019: Jack the Ripper
2020: Terrors of the Sea
2021: Alien Invasion
2022: Universal Monsters (working on separate sections for Dracula, Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankensteins Monster and Wolfman)

·
Registered
6 Posts
So what is your theme for 2022 ?

I am not 100 percent sure but leaning towards witches tea or voodoo witch have not had that right that's it moment hit just yet
We are doing a skeleton-filled ghost town in the front yard with storefront, saloon, jail and gallows. Our 12’ skeleton will be a cowboy/Sheriff. I need a horse skeleton for the yard and to create our golf cart for witches ride thru neighborhood but am running in to dead ends for that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We are doing a skeleton-filled ghost town in the front yard with storefront, saloon, jail and gallows. Our 12’ skeleton will be a cowboy/Sheriff. I need a horse skeleton for the yard and to create our golf cart for witches ride thru neighborhood but am running in to dead ends for that.
Would love to see your skeleton filled ghost town, great idea!
Here is some inspiration on the golf cart for a witches walk, from a coastal town near me last Oct.
Sky Purple Wheel Cloud Tire
Cloud Sky Purple Pink Tree

·
My other ride is a Ninja
12,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
i am dont like going big on outside decorations i use to go big on parties but those days are now gone my party area is gone. but i 1 do not like putting expensive props out in the rain and 2 last year i decided ok going to do a witch shake and someone came a screwed with my display good thing cauldron and witch were chained down but i just hate that people can not leave others people stuff alone that is what stop me 11 years ago when my display was trashed from decorating outside
now i will just stick to my pouch some people just suck

·
Registered
78 Posts
So what is your theme for 2022 ?

I am not 100 percent sure but leaning towards witches tea or voodoo witch have not had that right that's it moment hit just yet
If I feel it is safe enough to have my indoor Halloween Party I am hoping to do Ghouligan's Isand. Combining my two passions, Halloween, and Tiki! I would love to see people dressed up as the ghoulish side of the characters from the TV Show. At one time I could have been Ginger-vitis. But at my age, I have to be Mrs. HOWL. LOL

·
Registered
138 Posts
Already planning out the front yard with photos and overlays. So far, have one corner of front yard as a swampy graveyard with multiple different types of skeletons and creepy crawlies, another section as a more traditional pumpkin and fun theme, another section will be the witches and their cauldron along with a large lit spider web and dark trees, the porch will be a mix of animatronics, and I have a couple 6' spiders plus webbing for the roof. My son and his best friend decorate the playset and all around it with skeletons, lights, and other decorations. I have made some headstones and bought others, making 4 more this year. Also making the reverse head (2x normal size) with eyes that follow you as you drive by plus some "proceed if you dare" types of signs along our dirt road.

And then, next week...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I do a small yard hunt and change the theme each year.

2016: Papa Legba/Voodoo
2017: Trick r’ Treat
2018: skipped due to a newborn
2019: Jack the Ripper
2020: Terrors of the Sea
2021: Alien Invasion
2022: Universal Monsters (working on separate sections for Dracula, Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankensteins Monster and Wolfman)
Have you seen the image of the 2022 HD werewolf? Sounds like a fit in your theme, overseeing everyone else in the yard. I like that universal monsters idea. I was hoping for a 12' Frankenstein this year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
this year for me will be similar to last years theme which was graveyard. I put out a canopy 15x15 ft with a walk through of spiders in one corner and some tombstones/pumpkin in the other corner with lights and hanging decor and the main graveyard was my front lawn which I had dollar store tombstones with stake lights and strobe lights around.this year Im going to add a witches cauldron, LED flood lamps, redecorating all my tombstones, another fog machine, buying one animatronic ( haven’t figured out which one yet), going to build a coffin with a prop inside and some more to follow. I wanna keep the same theme for now but with other additions relating to it.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
If I feel it is safe enough to have my indoor Halloween Party I am hoping to do Ghouligan's Isand. Combining my two passions, Halloween, and Tiki! I would love to see people dressed up as the ghoulish side of the characters from the TV Show. At one time I could have been Ginger-vitis. But at my age, I have to be Mrs. HOWL. LOL
This is really an amazing idea! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
675 Posts
WITCHES!

Moved to a new house and can't wait to use the different areas for a fresh take this year. We're doing a Witches and Warlock's Ball. It will be witch-overload and I am 100% ok with that.

The front yard will be a witchy swamp with lots of creepy cloth hanging in trees, fog machine going, and 3 dimly lit witches around the cauldron, bathed in green lights. One witch on a broomstick up in the trees. The front porch will feature hanging witch hats on fishing line, and an orange backlit window behind that scene. On the chimney, high up in the sky, I want to hang a full moon that I shine a spotlight on.

The long driveway will showcase the cemetery, lots of headstones, and some corpses lit in blue.

After walking down the driveway, you'll arrive at the carport which will be "walled off" with black sheeting. Entering this "room" you'll find yourself in a green laser voodoo swamp walkthrough (first time using green laser lights and fog to make that swamp scene). I'll have a very large voodoo witch doctor inside the swamp area. I will be hanging vines from the carport ceiling made from crumbled-up brown shipping paper. After you leave the swamp walkthrough, it opens to other side of driveway facing the large garage, where the garage door will be open and a scrim will hang covering the opening, and an AtmosFX projection of the witch stirring the pot and casting spells will play. This area has a creepy tree that I will hang another witch on broomstick from, OR I was thinking of a Salem witch-burning on the tree, with a fake fire below (great stuff, wood scraps and orange lights for embers).

TOTs can get their candy here. It is also the entrance to the backyard where our party entrance will be located.

Starting in early September, every room inside the house gets decorated, plus the entire back yard... where most of the party takes place (dancing, food and bars). I have not come up with the inside plans yet. But will probably do a witches bathroom with witchy beauty products.

The backyard trees will likely have our "Perfect Storm" lightning machine pointed up on them, which makes a cool stormy night effect. I love playing with lighting, so plan to install many ambient lights all around the yard, which backs up to a creek that I may put some witches in as well.

Now I am getting excited!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
12,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
WITCHES!

Moved to a new house and can't wait to use the different areas for a fresh take this year. We're doing a Witches and Warlock's Ball. It will be witch-overload and I am 100% ok with that.

The front yard will be a witchy swamp with lots of creepy cloth hanging in trees, fog machine going, and 3 dimly lit witches around the cauldron, bathed in green lights. One witch on a broomstick up in the trees. The front porch will feature hanging witch hats on fishing line, and an orange backlit window behind that scene. On the chimney, high up in the sky, I want to hang a full moon that I shine a spotlight on.

The long driveway will showcase the cemetery, lots of headstones, and some corpses lit in blue.

After walking down the driveway, you'll arrive at the carport which will be "walled off" with black sheeting. Entering this "room" you'll find yourself in a green laser voodoo swamp walkthrough (first time using green laser lights and fog to make that swamp scene). I'll have a very large voodoo witch doctor inside the swamp area. I will be hanging vines from the carport ceiling made from crumbled-up brown shipping paper. After you leave the swamp walkthrough, it opens to other side of driveway facing the large garage, where the garage door will be open and a scrim will hang covering the opening, and an AtmosFX projection of the witch stirring the pot and casting spells will play. This area has a creepy tree that I will hang another witch on broomstick from, OR I was thinking of a Salem witch-burning on the tree, with a fake fire below (great stuff, wood scraps and orange lights for embers).

TOTs can get their candy here. It is also the entrance to the backyard where our party entrance will be located.

Starting in early September, every room inside the house gets decorated, plus the entire back yard... where most of the party takes place (dancing, food and bars). I have not come up with the inside plans yet. But will probably do a witches bathroom with witchy beauty products.

The backyard trees will likely have our "Perfect Storm" lightning machine pointed up on them, which makes a cool stormy night effect. I love playing with lighting, so plan to install many ambient lights all around the yard, which backs up to a creek that I may put some witches in as well.

sounds awesome can not wait to see pis

·
Registered
327 Posts
WITCHES!

This truly sounds like a dream come true to me! I am so excited for you. It sounds like so much fun. Anyone would be so lucky to be invited to a party like that! I definitely would love and need to see pictures of all this grand work you will do. I would even love to see videos of the process! I could definitely learn a thing or two from you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
WITCHES!

I also can't wait to see pictures it sounds like a pretty awesome event you got going on there.

·
Registered
675 Posts
This truly sounds like a dream come true to me! I am so excited for you. It sounds like so much fun. Anyone would be so lucky to be invited to a party like that! I definitely would love and need to see pictures of all this grand work you will do. I would even love to see videos of the process! I could definitely learn a thing or two from you.
Thank you so much! I love sharing pictures as everything comes together.

·
crossfit zombie
7,716 Posts
Not doing one.

After the last 2 years more or less getting cancelled (our big party anyway), I'm going to hold off big themes till things get completely settled. Plus I'm in a weird contract year which makes finances a bit iffy into fall.

So, focusing on my own costume, something I've been wanting to do for years but always gets pushed back to get the yard theme done.
Your props are always amazing don’t do that to us.I love watching your creative builds. But the costume build anxious to see what you do.

·
crossfit zombie
7,716 Posts
Mine is norm a cemetery with dead things everywhere. I had thought of doing pirate again the only year I did that was 2011. But I’m not doing pirate this year . Witches on my porch instead of horror movie characters and Dracula and Frankenstein.and I am thinking of bringing out some of my old props my crank ghost in mausleum and a few more that was displayed in my earlier years.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts