Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,954 Posts
Not doing one.

After the last 2 years more or less getting cancelled (our big party anyway), I'm going to hold off big themes till things get completely settled. Plus I'm in a weird contract year which makes finances a bit iffy into fall.

So, focusing on my own costume, something I've been wanting to do for years but always gets pushed back to get the yard theme done.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My neighbor and I do a walkthrough with about 5 scenes. He does a haunted house in his garage, then a path of inflatables around the back of his house to my yard to the pumpkin patch, my "Scarecrow Row" and then into the cemetery.
I'm expanding my cemetery with some new props, we are looking at adding a second cemetery along the inflatable path (more kid friendly) and combining the scarecrows and pumpkin patch to make room for an Ancient Portal and shaky bridge.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hello, I decided on my theme several months ago, it kind of starts with something I see or pick up on line, this year will be mad scientist lab with Frankenstein and Bride. I am older and love the classic monsters! anyway, I was fortunate enough to pick up a vintage hand made Frank and would like some input. I got him on craigslist from Lon Chaneys grandson and was told he is from the 60's or 70's, he is 7 feet tall, body made from plaster, head hands and boots from some kind of fibrerglass..Yes,he weighs a TON! The face and hands are in great shape but colors faded, they have almost a watercolor look to them, I want to touch up the colors but don't want it to look brand new, any ideas? , I would love to know the history of this and if anybody has any info I would love to hear from you Hand Wood Gesture Sculpture Artifact
Jaw Statue Sculpture Wood Art
Human body Gesture Waist Water Art
Auto part Tool Nail Wood Fashion accessory
Wood Sculpture Art Statue Artifact

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have so many ideas… I am hoping to organize them into scenes (walkthrough tents)
-Glow in dark cemetery
  • witches corner
  • garage is the creepy doll room
  • spider web with big spider
-clown space
So much 🤦🏻‍♀️

We definitely have a lot of things but need to organize them. We call our haunt “The Monster House” since there is a little bit of everything.

Love reading everyone’s ideas and thoughts!

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
hello, I decided on my theme several months ago, it kind of starts with something I see or pick up on line, this year will be mad scientist lab with Frankenstein and Bride. I am older and love the classic monsters! anyway, I was fortunate enough to pick up a vintage hand made Frank and would like some input. I got him on craigslist from Lon Chaneys grandson and was told he is from the 60's or 70's, he is 7 feet tall, body made from plaster, head hands and boots from some kind of fibrerglass..Yes,he weighs a TON! The face and hands are in great shape but colors faded, they have almost a watercolor look to them, I want to touch up the colors but don't want it to look brand new, any ideas? , I would love to know the history of this and if anybody has any info I would love to hear from you View attachment 759265 View attachment 759266 View attachment 759267 View attachment 759268 View attachment 759269
That is AMAZING!
I've found for most of my props I use acrylic paint. Acrylic paint is less likely to crack and blister, and will hold up well to cleaning. If you want to age the paint, a light gray and light black wash does that well.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
I have so many ideas… I am hoping to organize them into scenes (walkthrough tents)
-Glow in dark cemetery
  • witches corner
  • garage is the creepy doll room
  • spider web with big spider
-clown space
So much 🤦🏻‍♀️

We definitely have a lot of things but need to organize them. We call our haunt “The Monster House” since there is a little bit of everything.

Love reading everyone’s ideas and thoughts!
Creepy dolls???? Here's something that even terrifies me ~ I follow a Honey Bee Guy. He tries to save bee hives, anyway sometimes he deals with Hornets. He was called to this place to remove a nest in a storage shed that had dolls inside. This video still freaks me out

Attachments

1,627 Posts
This year's theme for the Halloween Camp out will be swamp/voodoo. Last year the big party tent blow over into the wetland behind our site the night before the last day breakfast... so the theme was chosen for us.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts