Halloween Forum banner

Whats your theme for 2020

7K views 52 replies 35 participants last post by  celipops 
#1 ·
So whats your theme for 2020 going to be ?

#17 ·
I live on a corner lot with a decent sized front yard, so I do multiples. The main yard will be a goblin pumpkin patch with zombie farm stand, skeleton workers, and haunted hayride. One side of the path(flat) will be a graveyard, the other (shrub garden) will be a spider's lair; both with animatrnoics. My porch is evenly split by the steps. One side will be the monsters' wake with shaking coffin, the other a pirate ghost ship. I'm working on putting a reindeer motor on the wheel so it looks like a skeleton is steering the ship, and putting a fan behind the canvas sail to look like there's wind. I'm also working on building an animated brig for this side. I try to protect my better props by either putting them out on the day, but this year, I'm putting most of them under cover on my porch and farm stand. We'll see how that goes.

#38 ·
I would love to see pics of the ghost ship when completed. I have a few idea I'm playing with. Ocean projection lights for sure. Also, I found on Pinterest a way to make it look like you are under water and sharks are swimming above your head. I will share with you my Pinterest board. Haunted Shipwreck - SS Michando
WOW! Can hardly wait to see what you come up with!!

#21 ·
I grabbed up a bunch of pirates from Home Depot after season, as well as some eye patches, swords, etc. to convert the generic skeletons I had to a crew. I also had a treasure chest and some other pirate gear from previous years. I am also saving up brown plastic jugs to use as rum/grog props and looking for some used manila rope for rigging. Still unsure of the lighting, but I have a lot to work with. Got a ship's wheel off of Amazon. Building a housing for it. As I build I'll share as well. Thanks for the Pinterest share.

#48 ·
"The End"
Graveyards, tombstones, traditional Halloween witches, skeletons and wolves (this year Halloween is on a Saturday and there will be a full moon — the second in the month of October; also, daylight savings time ends late that night, and hopefully, it will be the end of having Trump as president, as the next Tuesday is election day)
Excellent idea!

#24 ·
Thinking of creating my first home haunt for the neighborhood kids this year. Storyline - house that lures kids in and monsters that eat them.
front yard- cemetery with grim reaper and coffins
Garage - dungeon with witches and kid inside cage
Kitchen- cooking of victims guts and fog coming out of sink with nurse zombie
Dining room- evil clown party eating away .. kid’s head pop out of dining room table on plate. Lots of clowns and Pennywise.
living room- lost souls with creepy dolls to including Annabelle and scary pictures around
Exit out the front door through the small foyer with floating candles.

Love to read about all the different ideas. Please give some details if possible to your theme.

#28 ·
HAUNTED HOLLYWOOD

I'm turning the house into a Hollywood movie set, and each room will feature a different classic movies/scenes:

Front yard (Tombstones of dead horror actors - Lon Cheney, Vincent Price, etc) and a red carpet leading to front door, stars of dead actors on driveway, Rocky Horror picture Show playing on projector on garage screen, ticket booth with skeleton ticket take at front door/ sign on front door saying "Quiet on the Set- Filming in Progress)...

Then guests will enter the first scene:

Dracula (living room turned into Dracula's Castle, but I'll also have movie props like a home made 1930's movie camera and the movie will be playing on the big screen TV),

Creature from the Black Lagoon (in the den, it'll be the "green room" where actors wait while they aren't being filmed, the movie will be on the tv; It's already my tiki lounge, so I'll play that up, lots of swampy moss hanging from ceiling, old barrels and crates, Director's Chairs)

Hitchcock themed bathroom (Psycho scene in shower, lots of birds on ceiling, Hitchcock silhouette on wall)

Frankenstein's Lab in laundry room (Frank will lay on top of washer/dryer, mad scientist nearby, another tv in there with classic Frankenstein movie playing)

Rocky Horror Picture Show (front yard/garage) movie will be playing on big screen.

BackYard: The big "HOLLYWOOD" sign straight ahead on rear fence, with blood splatters and flickering lights.

HOCUS POCUS playing on another movie screen and whole backyard will be turned into Sandersen's Sisters Pub and scenes from Salem, focused on witches everywhere.

Getting started on some new props this month (March 2020) !

#33 ·
HAUNTED HOLLYWOOD

I'm turning the house into a Hollywood movie set, and each room will feature a different classic movies/scenes:

Front yard (Tombstones of dead horror actors - Lon Cheney, Vincent Price, etc) and a red carpet leading to front door, stars of dead actors on driveway, Rocky Horror picture Show playing on projector on garage screen, ticket booth with skeleton ticket take at front door/ sign on front door saying "Quiet on the Set- Filming in Progress)...

Then guests will enter the first scene:

Dracula (living room turned into Dracula's Castle, but I'll also have movie props like a home made 1930's movie camera and the movie will be playing on the big screen TV),

Creature from the Black Lagoon (in the den, it'll be the "green room" where actors wait while they aren't being filmed, the movie will be on the tv; It's already my tiki lounge, so I'll play that up, lots of swampy moss hanging from ceiling, old barrels and crates, Director's Chairs)

Hitchcock themed bathroom (Psycho scene in shower, lots of birds on ceiling, Hitchcock silhouette on wall)

Frankenstein's Lab in laundry room (Frank will lay on top of washer/dryer, mad scientist nearby, another tv in there with classic Frankenstein movie playing)

Rocky Horror Picture Show (front yard/garage) movie will be playing on big screen.

BackYard: The big "HOLLYWOOD" sign straight ahead on rear fence, with blood splatters and flickering lights.

HOCUS POCUS playing on another movie screen and whole backyard will be turned into Sandersen's Sisters Pub and scenes from Salem, focused on witches everywhere.

Getting started on some new props this month (March 2020) !
I can't wait to see this!!!

#30 ·
Werewolves, I don't think I am going to do a graveyard this year, we will see. Still going to put up a fence. Kinda shows the littles where to go, and drunk adults from stepping on crafts I worked hard on. Added bonus the young lady behind us has down syndrome and she loves wolfy. She was upset last year because I didn't bring him out. Promised her mom that he will be making an appearance this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.