Registered
69 Posts
Return Of The Living Dead
Halloween 1978
Re-Animator
Creepshow
Switchblade Romance
Pet Sematary

I love Horror, there are too many to choose from!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So hard to choose just one!

A few of my favorites include:

Halloween (19798)
The Shining
Nosferatu
Dracula (1931)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Blair Witch Project
Donnie Darko

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,633 Posts
favorites

Silent Hill was okay, Sweeny Todd, all the good classics, the Exorcist, Amityville (all of them), and of course my all time faves would be It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, Nightmare Before Christmas, Halloween is Grinch Night, and definitely Legend of Sleepy Hollow (animated first, some of the movies are okay)...there are plenty more, but you didn't really expect us to choose just one did you? LOL ;)

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Shawn of the Dead ( I adore Simon Pegg)

Both 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are really impressive to me. I also thought [•rec] was really good. I also like the Resident Evil series. Something about Milla Jovovich and zombies. :rolleyes:

I love Bride of Frankenstein for the script and the sets. For that matter, I love Young Frankenstein for the same reasons! :D

I enjoy the classics from the late '70s and early '80s, but I can't pull any of them out as my favorites, other than An American Werewolf in London.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
My favorites are usually the old, cheesy and lighthearted. Universal Dracula & Mummy. One body too many. White Zombie. Hocus Pocus & Young Frankenstein. 28 Days & Weeks, Nightmare before Christmas & The corpse bride...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Not only is Jaws my personal favorite horror flick but it is arguably the greatest horror movie ever made. Additionally I would add Halloween and Alien to my list. IMHO those three movies are probably the greatest horror/sci-fi flicks ever released. I could name another 100 but what fun would that be.

I will however include a few of my newer favorites:

Both 28 Weeks
Inside
[REC]
Eden Lake
Halloween
Resident Evil series
Land of the Dead

·
Registered
725 Posts
Army of Darkness
28 Days Later
Donnie Darko
Sunshine
Dawn of the Dead (new version)
Undead

Sorry that is 6! No way I could pick one. I am not sure I would classify Donnie Darko or Sunshine as pure horror movies if the debate came up. But the are great none the less. Ironically James Duval (Frank the Bunny) was at Crypticon last year. He asked me "Do you believe in time travel?" and I was a bit star struck. :D

2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Donnie Darko's a good movie, not sure about the sequel, haven't watched it but the reviews don't look great.

Today I'm going to watch pontypool, Canadian zombie movie, yeah!! Canuck zombies!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I too have many favorites but what sticks out in my mind the most was going to the movie theatre with my friends and watching NightMare on Elm Street, we were young middle schoolers watching our first scary movie without parents in tow and the atmosphere in the theatre was just a blast. The added bonus was watching Johnnie Depp, sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! The other Nightmares got to be just silly but the first was wonderful.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts