Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm sitting here watching "Punkin Chunkin 2013", and they just did a segment on the day jobs of the participants.
It made me curious: what are the day jobs of the home haunters on this forum?

I'll start.

I write software for, build, install, and maintain satellite communication control systems.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Since I have no day job except working on my haunted house I'm listing former jobs I have had:Worker in a small factory running a machine that made ornamental steel railing- Working in numerous grocery stores of all sizes- working in the plumbing and heating , air conditioning business for 15 years.
Of course I often work on the haunt all day long and then work in it all night long.. well at least 5 hours, open from 7 to 12 midnight. open Sat. & Sun. afternoons 2 to 5.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I work in a visitor centre in a country park in West Yorks so I do a wide variety of stuff - whatever comes up really - cycle hire, answering the phone, talking to the public, planning and running events etc. etc.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,431 Posts
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Technician .Currently unemployed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am a construction inspector in the Pacific Northwest, been doing this for about 25 years. Rumsfield, I have got to catch up with you this next year. Penumbra, you have one of the worst jobs in the world. I would rather crawl a couple more live sanitary sewers than be a high school teacher. You have my sympathy and respect.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Full-time mad scientist, part-time designer/fabricator/researcher/painter/sound engineer. Of course, I don't get paid for it, but it's what I do :rolleyes::D.

I've been retired for a little over a year now. I was a horticulturist/supervisor at the University of Maryland for close to 30 years..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts