Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
I was playing with the idea of Evil Egypt, I have always been fascinated with the place and it's history, so I was thinking... bloody, gory pyramids, sphinx, mummies, tombs, pharaoh masks, loads of snakes and beetles a killer Cleopatra, but my Teenage Daughter is wanting Sinister Circus:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2015 Halloween Theme is "Sci-Fi". Probably planning to do some type of crashed spaceship in the yard/on the house. Have plans for a Tardis, a Stargate, and doing up each room of the house as a different movie theme (Cantina from Star Wars, etc).

·
Registered
381 Posts
My husband (who humors me every year with this party) thought we should do a "Your worst nightmare" theme...with all things people are afraid of....clowns,...snakes...spiders....zombies...ghosts...etc. When we went to Haunted Overload at one point you entered into a huge 40 foot wooden skull into a vortex of sorts....it was AMAZING...all done with projection. Trying to figure out how to achieve this!
Always have wanted to do a classic Halloween party....or vintage....
I'm all about repurposing props ...so I keep that in mind when picking a theme!

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
I was playing with the idea of Evil Egypt, I have always been fascinated with the place and it's history, so I was thinking... bloody, gory pyramids, sphinx, mummies, tombs, pharaoh masks, loads of snakes and beetles a killer Cleopatra, but my Teenage Daughter is wanting Sinister Circus:confused:
mebbe look at my albums, I did a vignette with this theme

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am hoping to have the time and energy to hold a party next year. I think I want to aim for a beach party theme, or a golden age/art deco theme. With a beach theme, I can scrounge up discount summer party items around when fall starts.

If I do a golden age Halloween party, I think we'll end up having to make most of the decorations - but they'll be paper, so that shouldn't be too hard.

I'd love to do a seance, but none of our friends will do that. I really like the tradition of trying to contact Harry Houdini - so maybe something private with that. My husband found a copy of an old book on clairvoyance (A really silly old textbook), so maybe we could play with that.

·
Thrilled To Death
1,715 Posts
I don't know why but I'm kinda thinking at this point is a haunted Christmas theme. Maybe a demonic Santa's workshop. There are just so many opportunities here especially with nightmare before Christmas. But yet there would be so many things to make!!!!! And so much fun!!! Someone else had mentioned to me about doing a Disney character theme.??

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Our theme next year is what we're calling "classic Halloween." Think like pumpkin patches, witches, ghosts, etc.
That's sorta my intention too, Vintage Halloween & lots of pumpkins (fake ones mostly). I've got a TON of carved fake pumpkins, I've got about 5-10 that haven't been carved & I'll hit the early sales next year since I didn't make the "after" sales this year, I've been collecting old Ben Cooper/Collegeville costumes & masks, I've got a bunch of repro & real vintage stuff inside anyway so that's where I'm going.

I don't usually have a party but since in 2015 we've got a Saturday Halloween so we'll be having a party. I got to too much trouble decorating inside & out for just 28 kids to see it so party it is!!

Since I'm cutting back & changing up, just giving a heads up that I too will be selling some larger figures like Helsa, the Spider Lady & a couple others. I wanna get rid of stuff that I just don't need or dig anymore to make room for different stuff. I'm not ready for total conversion to inflatables but I need to pare down & change up because it's getting to be too much for so little & it's just too hard for the 2 of us to do it all in one day.

I wanna box up everything first but I will be putting stuff up, hopefully this week.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am going for a " killer klowns from outer space" theme. And we might have the backyard set up like a small
Carnival so the kids can play some games and win stuff.
Anyone who can help me with masks and props, I would love the help. Thanks!

Attachments

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I am going for a " killer klowns from outer space" theme. And we might have the backyard set up like a small
Carnival so the kids can play some games and win stuff.
Anyone who can help me with masks and props, I would love the help. Thanks!
Oh how I love Killer Klowns from Outer Space! Sadly I have zero clowns so it would be a major investment for me & I'm not willing to go there. But one day I'd love to do Killer Klowns. Not just any clowns though, it'd hafta be those guys.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've considered doing this too. Especially since, when it comes to Christmas decorating, I tend to just add santa hats to my spiders and bats. (Although I do love some of the old fashioned victorian over-decorating.)

You wouldn't necessarily have to do all the Christmas things - and thankfully probably no one would be expecting gifts!

I have a friend who has a fabulous Halloween tree that is left up all year long. It is super sparkly and, when not covered with little bats, eyeballs, and other nifty things, it hosts a bunch of sparkly Dr. Who ornaments. Pretty nifty!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love to see so many Dark OZ potentials. I had so so much fun doing our event this year. Everyone is still talking about our, the decorations, invite, props etc.... just got another Thank You card in the mail yesterday.

Mr_synical we did a "Season of the Witch" in 2010 ( if you are looking for another title still).

I have officially decided on an all together dead spin on carnival for 2015.

61 - 80 of 221 Posts