Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 221 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Saki, that is exactly what happened to me with this move. I went from a huge yard with no fences, my neighbors didn't mind me putting overflow in their yards to a tiny little duplex yard. I have so much stuff and not enough room for it all :( Totally messed up my plans for this year. Im just going to do the best I can with it. It wont be my dream but it'll be okay. Im trying to focus more on next year now so I wont be thinking about what could have been for this year. Ive already started on a black flame candle for a Hocus Pocus theme

If you wait til you move it might help you decide which theme to go with after you see your yard.
yep I so agree the inside I can go crazy and hey we plan on having a garage so can use it to right now I do not have one. so I may just work on props for the inside of house theme and wait till I see what kind of yard we will have .

I am excited to see your haunt next year for sure :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Usually when I wake up the day after the party my next year theme is crystal clear. Today this was not the case. I don't know if it is because I absolutely loved the theme we did this year so much (Dark side of Oz) or if I am just for once torn in so many directions. My front runners are:

A Dead Hollywood Theme (it's so different and so open to personal interpretation for costumes)
A Freak Show (but I think the American Horror Story season will commercialize this too much)
Tombstone ( I just think this would be so much fun and a lot easier to put together and could incorporate lots of my bucky's and previous year items)
Pumpkin Massacre (I envision pumpkins of all types and sizes, real and paper mache all over the place)

I know we will do each one of these over the next few years, it's just a matter of which one first.
(Now back to browsing for a huge parachute.....)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Next year's theme is a nod to The Shining, Disney's Haunted House, and Universal Studio's Tower of Terror. We're calling it "Masked Ball at the Haunted Hotel Hollywood." I've even written the invite!

"Saturday, October 31, 75th anniversary of the glittering masked ball at the Hotel Hollywood. A night that would go down in infamy. The story remains shrouded, and those who were there refused to speak. But soon after, the once grand hotel closed its doors and fell into decay. Tonight it opens one last time, for one last bash, before the wrecking ball comes to bury the remains...along with the ghosts."

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well, our party was Saturday and was an absolute blast! Our house guests and a few other friends that we had breakfast with on Sunday were already talking about next year!

Seems that a superhero or Comic-Con sort of theme has a lot of traction. So that might be a strong front runner at this point.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Everyone's plans sound awesome!!!! We too did our party Saturday (pirates), I made mention that we might skip next year and got quite a bit of grumbling. Now hubby's added a 4th choice to our list (not my decorating favorite but costumes would be fun) Battle of the Bands. Everyone would have to come as an 80s hair band, we'd do karaoke/rock band and give out gold records or a gold guitar...I'm thinking the kitchen could be back stage. Let them party like rock stars, pizza, booze and drugs (candy "pills", green rice crispy that look like weed, syringe jello shots...u see where I'm going)

Not sure yet though....

·
Registered
121 Posts
We have about 5 ideas that we are brain storming. Before we had our party last year we already knew that this year was going to be CarEvil, so it's a little frustrating that we don't have our theme already.

Our ideas

-Bloody Asylum
-Haunted Mansion
-Day of the Dead
-Ghostly Prohibition
-Zombie 80's prom

I'm pretty sure that we are going with Bloody Asylum, but those are the other ideas that we have.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Our theme next year is what we're calling "classic Halloween." Think like pumpkin patches, witches, ghosts, etc. I've been the big driver for the Halloween party the past few years, and I tend to pick themes that are more scary and horror-movie inspired. The classic Halloween theme idea came from my wife who likes it more traditional. I think it will be fun especially if it engages my wife a bit more in the year round planning/preparation (she always gets into it but usually more around September/October). Already picked up a CVS headless horseman, a female zombie (who I will make into a witch this year, and then use for a zombie theme in 2016), and a bunch of funkins and JOLs during the 11/1 sales.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We had our weekend long Halloween party this past weekend, and other than the scavenger/treasure hunt being rained out, we had a blast with the Mythical Creatures theme this year. Of course Sunday morning breakfast found us talking about plans for next year. We are discussing superheroes/villains at this point for 2015.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
so i was asked by a friend to do my Halloween party over at there house in 2015 so the theme is going to be
The Traveling Haunted Hotel
and my house i am going to decorated in gypsy / fortune teller theme

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,102 Posts
One year I just want to pull out all my grandin road figures, animation and properly light them and fog it up. Thats it. Maybe call it Grandin Roadkill...I dont know lol.
I must say, the dark wizard of oz is the one so far that has really struck a chord with me. So Original!!! I love the haunted hotel too. One year too I would like just pumpkins everywhere too. Spiders with beef netting completely covering the house would be easy peasy too.

so to sum it up (in order of faves)

1. dark oz
2. pumpkins
3. Grandin Roadkill
3. haunted hotel ( if I have another party def this)
4. Spiders
5. Medieval - Dungeons and dragons of sorts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
One year I just want to pull out all my grandin road figures, animation and properly light them and fog it up. Thats it. Maybe call it Grandin Roadkill...I dont know lol.
I must say, the dark wizard of oz is the one so far that has really struck a chord with me. So Original!!! I love the haunted hotel too. One year too I would like just pumpkins everywhere too. Spiders with beef netting completely covering the house would be easy peasy too.

so to sum it up (in order of faves)

1. dark oz
2. pumpkins
3. Grandin Roadkill
3. haunted hotel ( if I have another party def this)
4. Spiders
5. Medieval - Dungeons and dragons of sorts
I was going to do dark oz this year make over a bunch of toy houses for the muchkin town :) but since doing it at friends this will wait for another year.

41 - 60 of 221 Posts