Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my daily commute, I've seen one yard completely decorated, one house hedge-row with spider webs, and one yard with that cool full sized horse and rider skeleton and accompanying skellie dog. I only have fall decor so far- corn stalks Autumn leaves garland on the mailbox, and a few happy scarecrows. No H Day stuff for me until mid-October.

So what's up so far in your neighborhood?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,773 Posts
The only thing up in our entire town are my dressed up tiki heads in my yard which I did today. They've got on witch hats, garland & BOO! signs all from Dollar Tree.

I will put some battery operated lights on 3 of the 4 of them but won't turn them on until Oct. 1. The fourth & largest one will get a regular plug in light string since he's right next to an outdoor outlet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My front door is orange, so I make it a Pumpkin every year. There are some inflatable decorations down the street. I plan on decorating a bit soon, but the rest of the block has nothing at all. There are not a lot people in my area that decorate for Halloween, but the ones that do are usually awesome!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
There's a place close to our house that has had a bunch of Dollar Store stuff out for about 2 weeks. Mickey Mouse junk, really, tiny ghost puppets hanging in the hedge, tiny plastic Jack O'Lanterns, a Skeletal hand reaching out of the grass, but they have the spirit, and that's what matters. God bless 'em...
We're going to invite them to our place to view our set up on October 30th, a traditional beer &pizza run-thru, final tuning. It will show them what's possible.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Saw a group of teenagers working on a cemetery scene on their lawn. Got me really excited and reminded me of all the stuff us kids used to do in the neighborhood growing up. Started our own haunted wagon ride and everything! It's a great feeling seeing young blood getting into Halloween! Now I just need to get my butt in gear and start working!

·
The Haunting Girl
878 Posts
I saw a few trash cans at the curb...
LOL! That's how it is in my neighborhood!

Actually, I haven't been taking my usual walks. I should probably leave a little early this morning and drive around my tiny corner of town to see if the usual houses have started yet. There's always the one house that does a classy old school blow mold display, another that does a sort of dollar store mix and match, and another that does a monster theme (but he usually starts later). My next door neighbor has her Fall themed stuff out now.

Around town I haven't seen my favorite houses really start anything yet. There is one on my drive to work that I'm excited about. They have a large jack-o-lantern on their lamp post. I think I spotted fence panels being painted black yesterday! I'm really hoping they are building a Halloween display. Otherwise, it's little things here and there for now.

I was going to start decorating the outside today. I usually start the first day of Fall, but I just got called to work at my local haunt after my regular job today. I'm so excited, but at the same time all I can think is "when am I going to get anything done at home?"

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
I'm really surprised that you all are seeing so much going on this early. Very few people here decorate at all and the ones that do never ever start before October, most much later in the month. Except me. I normally start the first of October and if I'm a few days late, the neighbors start to look at me funny. This year the first is on Sunday and that weekend I'll be closing up my mom's apartment and trying to deal with finding places for all her stuff (She just went into a nursing facility) so there's no way I'll have anything out that weekend. In fact, it may be Saturday the 14th before I can do a full setup. It almost feels as though it's not worth it to do anything really big for just two weeks but I'm sure I'll get out there and do what I can. It sure won't be what I planned a couple of months ago since I haven't had any time to work on anything. Oh well. Halloween comes around every year, right?

·
Wee bit Wicked
2,143 Posts
saw a hanging reaper today. :)

And, I found out the (supposedly) BEST haunted house in SC is less than 2 miles from my house. Been there for years. Who knew. :D Was always so busy with my own H'ween that I never noticed. Will visit it soon. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
We are always the first to start each year with the attached sign. Others have dragon and spider inflatables up, pumpkins in yard, ghosts in trees and a few scarecrows. 20170922_180915.jpg

·
Registered
675 Posts
Haven't seen anyone decorating anything as of yet. I think it's a little bit too earlier in my neighborhood. I've been putting a few things inside my room up already and I'm setting up some string lights soon. Planning on making a trip to the Dollar Tree and buying some items there. They always have things there that are affordable.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts