Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've already got a thread for the best. What was the worst?

Mine was "who is that" when looking at this:

I'm old! :mad::mad: :cool:

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
I didnt hear this but my sister said she heard more the one group saying were were the rich ones on the block or that we were the ones with the money. (Because I have so many decorations.) Im actually pretty poor, I just plan for what I want or make adjustments and I never pay retail. Most items I get are from yardsales or as gifts from the family for xmas or my birthday, or just because. Even then they are on sale ect.

I swear I kept getting the same 3 questions, but this year it was almost every group.

1; Where do you store it all (dislike this one because of potential thievery- I say in storage even though its not)
2: How long does it take to setup
3: where do you buy everything/how much was everything? (the one I really hate)

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
i missed majority of my TOT's so if there were any snarky comments or stupid questions i missed them. but i would have totally snubbed the kid asking who slimer is. wtf is wrong with parents these days. who hasnt let their kids watch ghost busters? i mean, really. that is just unacceptable.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
We were asked for money donations for a hospital supposedly opening next year. No business cards, no brochures...just a verbal URL and a tshirt to verify. *growl*

·
Registered
306 Posts
We left a bowl of candy outside this year so I didn't interact with anyone coming to the door. Last year, my brother said some kid asked why we had so many decorations inside the house. Um, cause it's Halloween kid and I like to decorate for me, too.

F

·
0 Posts
We've already got a thread for the best. What was the worst?

Mine was "who is that" when looking at this:

I'm old! :mad::mad: :cool:
Really?

I saw a family costume...the mom and dad dressed as Ghostbusters and the kid was the marshmallow man. Perfection.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think the saddest thing is hearing a 7- or 8-year old blundering around the haunt, frantically whinging "Where is the candy? Where do we get the candy?" Oh for (grumble-grumble) sake, kid, open your eyes and look around! If you went to a movie, would you spend the whole time crying for more popcorn and red vines? That's not why you are there. If the candy is the only thing that matters to you, go get Mom to buy half a dozen bags of fun size at Safeway and you can have your haul and skip the whole rest of the trick or treat experience.

When the teens do it (usually the young teens), okay, it's to be expected, they are trying on some attitude. And just maybe not...quite...grown out of being scared, which I suppose might also explain the younger ones. I suppose I should try harder to suppress the eye roll when they do it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My worst comment came from my wife's friend" you know when your children get to be about 20 they will hate halloween." Not sure what she was trying to ocomplish with the comment but I went off. My wife told her that was not a good idea. I said yes all kids go through stages and everyone in my house enjoys it now.i said a few things like they will also challenge church, school.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
"Hey dad, I think those people are letting their little girl pee on the front yard..."

My 18 year old reported this to me about halfway through the night - as soon as she said it, a group of people at our front yard started moving off in a hurry.

I'm so used to people stopping in front of our house to look at everything, that I never think twice about the groups of people that hang out for a while. Honestly, if the kid just pee'd on the grass, I'm not too disturbed by it. I'd hate to be picking up something more substantial, however.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts