Halloween Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
A few years ago, my kids got their grandma a pumpkin for her birthday (sept) from the grocery store. That thing sat on her side table in her kitchen for 14 months! It was crazy.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,833 Posts
OK, now I wanna get a pumpkin this year & see how long it will stay inside in the right conditions.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I think the longest I had a Halloween pumpkin was probably 3 months. This year I will try to keep it until next Halloween. 🎃 🎃

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
Got 2 from Publix, one died a melting death about a month ago but other still standing and can even have the nice "thump" on shell once tapped. They are uncarved and sit on the front door stoop, in Florida. 😎

·
Registered
598 Posts
I currently have a Jack Be Little mini pumpkin I grew that is still hanging on 7 months later. It's 2 companions bit the dust last month. Somewhere I have another mini pumpkin (store bought) that fell under the entertainment center in my old house and dried up into a tiny little brown thing. I have no idea how long it was down there. I found it when we were moving and we had lived there for 5 years.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I had a red Cinderella pumpkin, I found at a roadside stand, for 6 months. It survived a December move, from Atlanta GA (mid-60's) to the mountains of Colorado (mid-20's) back in 2012. Still my favorite type of pumpkins.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just wondering what the longest time that you have had your pumpkins from
I still have a white one I planned on curving and saving the seeds. Brought it at the local Wal-mart in early Oct 2018. Been sitting on the floor in the corner of my laundry room since. I keep thinking one day it's start to get soft and "melt" but nope not yet. Had a bunch of minis on the back porch they didn't survive more then a month out there before melting.
I HAVE THATS PUMPKIN RIGHT NOW! It's been eight months since last Halloween and this thing is not soft in any spot whatsoever and it sits in the sun inside my house
Halloween before they rotted. I mean, uncut and un glazed pumpkins. My goal has been to try to have the same pumpkin for 2 Halloweens in a row. I think the longest has been about 6 months. I had one that lasted till the end of March/beginning of April. I guess I am searching for the pumpkin that will not die or the living dead pumpkin:D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts