Halloween Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you have decorations up year round, but if you're like me and you prefer to make it a seasonal thing, what do you bring out first and when? I just got some new black bedsheets and pillow covers and my bed was screaming for my Halloween pillows, so I had to get them out. I also got some new candles from Bath and Bodyworks that I started burning.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,479 Posts
The big blow molds go outside first but as far as the indoor stuff, I don't know. There are things that I must put out every year, but I can't recall what goes out first inside. I'll have to try & remember this year.

Mostly it just all sorta just comes outta the Rubbermaids.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I keep some stuff up all year, it's Halloween everyday in my life :) . As far as something I have taken out for the 2017 season..I put out my light up Pumpkin on my desk. I want to find a USB Pumpkin to plug into my computer as well. I'm starting to think of ideas to decorate, but will wait until at least the start of September.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If I make any early season purchases, they stay out. I have been burning my pumpkin candles from last years stash.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If I make any early season purchases, they stay out. I have been burning my pumpkin candles from last years stash.
I have a few things that I have been keeping out through out the house. I typically put things out also as I purchase them. I've purchased a few items over the last month and have just added them to my shelves but will go through and really start decorating in the next few weeks inside and then I'll do outside.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I always paint a sign for the front yard with the haunt's 'name'. That goes out first. Then I know Halloween prep has truly begun!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Usually I set up my spooky town village around Labor Day. After that, everything else starts to slowly find it's way out of closets. I decorate throughout the season rather than one big decorating day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I always paint a sign for the front yard with the haunt's 'name'. That goes out first. Then I know Halloween prep has truly begun!
I do something similar. Sometime in the middle of September I'll put out this big stone slab (almost looks like a tombstone), and I have "The Time Is Near" painted in black on it. I just lean it up against my tree and put a skull at the base of it.

Then the first weekend of October I'll pretty much put everything else out (a few things I'll save for Halloween night).

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did the inside of the house this weekend.
I went much lighter this year. Only deco in the kitchen, living room and bathroom this year.
I still love it though.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Around mid-September, Fall decorations go up - corn stalks, autumnal wreaths and garlands, etc. In October, there is a slow transition as a Fall door wreath becomes a Halloween wreath. Skellies hug the corn stalks, and pumpkin pathway lights line the sidewalk. The rest of the decorations go up only for TOT night - and come down the next day.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Same here - no point in putting it away only to get it back out a few weeks later. The jack o lantern tealight holder I bought the other day went right on the mantle when I got home.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Countdown to Halloween sign first, as soon as I make that. Next will be the Halloween fence and then the singing monsters.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I get out the starter box on Labour Day. It has my fall decorations, fixtures we need for decorating like hooks, zip ties, timers, small extensions, and some decorations like plain LED candles that can be dressed up and used for multiple seasons. The starter box is the first box to get out to start the decorating season on Labour day and the last box to be put away after Christmas. Like everyone else, if I make/buy something, it'll go out as I get it. It doesn't make sense to put it away, only to then fish it back out again. But in general, just fall stuff until closer to actual October.

I'll likely be putting a few fake pumpkins out next week.

I couldn't care less if my neighbors think I'm insane.
Oh, I have erased all doubt. My side of the block is completely dark every year, except for my house. We are the crazy Halloween people, and I embrace it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The sign with the name of the haunt goes out October 1.
Green Text Font Number Sign

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,076 Posts
We have Seymore, a bike riding skeleton who stays out year round. His clothes change until he turns into Miss Gulch/Wicked Witch of The West at Halloween. View attachment 441929
OMG - I love him!!!! I have a 3 foot skeleton named Chuck that hangs out all year - he travels with me & does random stuff around the house.

Back to the original post.....the gargoyle that's in my profile pic comes out as soon as the threat of snow is over in the spring. He hangs out next to my back door. Then there's stuff (early purchases, etc) that don't make it out to the garage totes. But the first "official" decorations are my cemetery fence, sign & headstones that go out September 29 - the day after my daughter's birthday.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,360 Posts
Motor vehicle Vehicle door Mode of transport Vehicle Transport

I have stuff out all year and am constantly adding to it. Like Lisa, I've been known to have a passenger or two. This little guy was a yard sale find last week and rode around with me all day. :D You can't really see her, but Tiffany from Bride of Chucky was seatbelted in the passenger seat and another evil looking baby was in the car seat until I picked my daughter up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts