Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm determined to drape/light my seance parlour and bridal chamber, make my front porch misfortune teller, light and drape my Snake Charmer corner (have to shield it from my neighbour's neatly piled but voluminous and distracting pile of junk). Doesn't sound like much but believe me, it's a full slate...Halloween is closing in and I'm getting nervous about getting it all done. I'm also hoping to build at least one life size prop (ringmaster) and make a couple more crystal balls for the Magic Shop. I need some back up plans in case it's too windy to do the Snake Charmer corner. (note to self: need a name for that corner of the haunt).

What's on your plate for this weekend? Let's share our chore list and compare (brag) on Monday how much we accomplished! :)

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
Mine is going to be my lighting the past 4 years its been OK, but after seeing and learning from the other HF members I have lots to do! O... and finish setting out my props:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow ... I want to see your porch! :) I can't even get the recycling off the porch, or those boxes we were going to get inside ... Maybe I need to start thinking of how I could use the porch windows for haunting, and I could keep it cleared off all year.

I'm also jealous of a seance parlour!

I'm prepping for my library literary Halloween program, so I'll be editing down some stories that are too long for the performers: Algernon Blackwood's "The Wendigo," a selection from Dickens' "Barnaby Rudge," and I think even Poe's "The Sphinx" is a tish too long. Then my husband and I are going to hit the Halloween stores, starting with our local costume shop, then probably Spirit. And I need to get to a hardware store for supplies for a fake cracked mirror.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have plans to clean up the yard more, do more spider webbing and other little things but currently, I'm laying in bed, drinking coffee and watching syfy....not sure if I'm ready to ruin my relationship with my bed yet.....it's so warm and comfy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I fixed my Christmas lights because they were falling into the eavestrough ...LOL, then I went and hung the black material from the roof line.... 100_4710.jpg ...this is last years picture but if you look along the roof line you can see black material hanging...thats what I hung today and also to the right of picture you can see big pin trees, it's all hollow in there and I make it the "witches tree hovel "..well any way I cleaned out in there as well ( kids like to play inside)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am determined to get my witches cabinet done....but I have to plan it around nap times #halloweenmomproblems
lol. My schedule exactly! All my works is done usually around the two hours my son sleeps.

I am working on the head of my skull witch #1. Which is my version of pumpkinrots skull witches (will post pics once she has a head). I'm going to paper mache the skull, so I'll probably make the skulls for some other projects ( a few blaircrows and the other two witches) at the same time, .

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
me and my nephew went out today and hung the lights on the porch, put out my body parts and my rats and ravens. monday is tombstone prep, tuesday is setting up the tombstones. dont know when/if im doing the cobwebs. probably not till after my birthday.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I'm building a fireplace so I have to finish that, it's nothing fancy , pretty plain actually but I've been draggin' my *** on it so I'm determined to get it finished this weekend. Actually worked on it today and should have it painted and finished tomorrow. So far on schedule. I also need to hang some creepy cloth/ cheese cloth in my living room. And move all the summer stuff off my front porch so the darkness can move it....

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
I don't know if it will be 100% completed this weekend, but I have to finish the hearse and our haunted tree....the rest of my chore list is just detail work, and checklist items (test foggers, lights, etc.) but these two props still have some heavy lifting to be done.

Glass needs to go in on the hearse, finish remaining wiring, and a ton of other detail work:

Hearse Progress 3.jpg

Branches have to be completed for the tree, attached, and wired for lighting:

Tree Assembled 1.JPG

Luckily, my woeful Buccaneers have a bye week, so I don't have to waste three hours watching them be terrible...talk about a horror show! :rolleyes:

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Making the most of the unseasonably good weather here in England by finishing most of the outdoor work while it lasts!.

Shopping at Poundland for a few more non-candy treats and gifts for the ToT's this afternoon.

#1 son and friends coming over this evening to discuss scare placement and requirements for this years haunt crew, there will probably be beer involved, so I don't suppose much will be achieved tonight..

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
Defenestrator, did you build that hearse? If so, are you willing to share details? :)
What sort of details would be of the most interest (Dimensions, material, etc)?

I'm happy to share any of the particulars, it's just that there are a lot of them, and I wouldn't want to go on and on about length, width, and height if the interest was really what kind of LEDs we used, or what the big golden faces are, or something.... :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We've had amazing weather this past week but today and tomorrow are promising rain. I'm getting together with a friend this aft (totally cutting into my Haunt time but....). So what time I have today and virtually all day tomorrow will be spent on the indoor garage rooms - the Victorian Seance Parlour and Murdered Bride Chamber. First on the agenda is cleaning up and sorting (AGAIN!) so I can see the floor in both rooms. Have to make decisions on which costumes I'm using this year and which are going back into 'stock'. Plan to divide between Carnevil, Seance, Graveyard ( including Cemetery Picnic) and Snake Charmer Casbah. Sunday should be nice again.

On Sunday I hope to put out more front yard props like my Ringmaster, small circus 'tent' (a modified stroller sun shade) and Ticket/Concession Clown.

My biggest challenge is rigging up the tarps I bought to look like circus tents. I'd planned to cover the blue colour with red and white striped plastic tablecloths but you can see through that stuff and it would take too much time and money for the amount of work and effect. I think.

·
Registered
963 Posts
#1 son and friends coming over this evening to discuss scare placement and requirements for this years haunt crew, there will probably be beer involved, so I don't suppose much will be achieved tonight..
Sounds like things are going perfectly well! ;)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
My daughter and son are both coming in this weekend but our plans are still up in the air, at least for Saturday. My yard could be done as it is, but I'm itching to add something else, just don't know what. maybe we will brainstorm and come up with something.
Sunday is zombie day! There will be a Walking Dead marathon running all day, via Netflix and I'll be making plenty of zombie food for the season 4 premier of WD. Can't wait! :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Add all the details I have been putting off. Put up the zombie crossing sign and my street sign. Run power to everything and re adjust spotlights..
Nothing gets turned on untill I finish. My self set due date is the 15th. Thanksgiving here in Canada.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts