Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a post from Wolfbeard regarding veins made from "red" hot glue that got me thinking. What do you have in YOUR bottles and jars? What items have you used for display and what do they represent? (eg, instant rice for dried maggot larva, corn flakes for scabs, etc.)

2,442 Posts
I have troll snot and vomit of the possessed which is this stuff:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GROSS-Pot-Puke-Snot-Bogies-Joke-Gag-Prank-NEW-/380111544145?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Games&hash=item588069df51

I use some basic kids toy slime stuff in my Cthullu Slime bottle
I use fake maggots the type fishermen use for Corpse Fly Larvae
Fairy Dust is just silver glitter
Love potion is just water with a tiny drop of red food colouring in it to make it pink.
Spider Spawns just some tiny plastic spiders
Witch Finders Finger: is just a fake finger
Goody Protor's, witches accusers tongue is a soft fake tongue: like the one in the pic on here.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Totally-Gross-Joke-Fake-Tongue-Poo-Boggie-Sick-Bonus-/280467322565?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Games&hash=item414d27b6c5
Bats blood is just some fake blood
Poison is just water and green food colouring.

This site also has some nice easy ideas:
http://afancifultwist.typepad.com/a_fanciful_twist/2009/09/potions-and-spells-and-cards-oh-my.html

You can even stick fake eyeballs in clear hair gel in them, Other forum members will have some great ideas for you. Just watch this post ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
A couple years ago my invitations were bottles. Inside were strings of hot glue (just the regular plain color), a finger or a mouse, and I dirtied the water with food coloring. The glue strings looked like some kind of worms.

I have also used hi-lighters to make florescent colored water. I have a rubber brain soaking in it. :)

·
Spookiest Lady in Pa!
931 Posts
I have several jars already done up.

Here is what I have so far:

Fresh Eyes - plastic eyes
Pickled Flys - Small plastic flys
Spider Egg Sack - the end off of qtips
Pickled snakes - small colored rubber snakes in amber colored water
Severd Fingers - a bag of the severed fingers Dollar Tree is selling
Dried Spiders - the plastic spiders from the spider rings
Freeze Dired Roaches - a bag of 10 roaches that Dollar General and Dollar tree both sell for a buck(get the ones from the "Thats Gross" line they are really creey!)
Pickeled Bats - several small rubber bats
Pickled Frogs - small rubber frogs in teal colored water
Vampire Teeth - an old pair of fke rubber like vampire teeth

My potions so far are

Warts Andall - gives you warts if you don't have them and removes them if you do(orange colored water)
Reverse The Vampire Curse - taken to reverse the vampire curse(green colored water)
Feline Form - Put in victims drink to turn them into a cat till the next full moon(Yellow colored water)
True Love Potion - 3 drops in someone drink will tell you if they are your true love(light purple colored water)
I also have Grave Dirt, which is just some dirt from a old planter and swamp water which is just some water,a little bit of dirt and a old leaf from my porch. I hope this helps you out. If you look at my album on here I have some pics on there of my Witches Kitchen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jar of large capers re-labeled as newt's eyes or toad warts
Tiny male pinecones collected earlier in the year labeled as porcupine eggs or blowfish eggs.
Wasabe or gaucamole or Green GOddess dressing labeled buzzard pus.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I boguht some tiny rubber mice and small rubber bats...they will be going in some jars with food colored water....already tried it with the mice..looks pretty gross!

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing I have in my potion bottles are aspirin and antacids. The bottles get bigger the closer we get to Halloween.
That is too funny! Unfortunately, I can relate.

I love all of the collections posted. I've got lots of bottles/jars, but I ALWAYS get excited when I have a new idea or someone shares an idea that I've never heard of - I'm like a kid with a new toy. My ADHD goes out of control!

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
i took pine cones & dried them on a radiator till they spread out then picked them apart - they can be labelled as dried troll teeth or nails.
picked all the thorns off my roses (yeah i got pricked a few times!) & have Rose thorns in a jar.
take the inside of a highlighter pen out & soak in water - the flourescent colours make great potion spell colours.
Sugar puffs - witches warts
cigarette ash - Vampire ashes
i asked my local keysmith for the filings from the key cutting machine - filled a bottle & labelled Witches Ashes burned at the stake
i used a large bottle and squeezed a plastic skeleton in then filled it with water - shrinking potion
sequins - mermaid scales
green cobweb wisps - frogs breath

I have loads more can't remember them all now :rolleyes: i have pics of some on my albums.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I keep my aspirin, tylenol or aleve in those animal shaped candy dispensers that "poop" out jelly beans. Throw away all the jelly beans and fill with your chosen pain reliever. Then, when the day turns to "----", it can "poop" out some relief.

·
Registered
365 Posts
those old "cut" nails that are rusty and label them Coffin Nails or something of that sort.

Another planned bottle of mine is gonna be sand and label it Sands of Time. (I found an old bottle in an antique shop for a buck that had a gnarly looking cork and the inside was pretty well grimed over with dirt, so add a bit of sand and a label and done.)

Also, I like witchiepoo's pinecone idea!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I've been eyeing a rack at Dollar General of mexican spices that look pretty nasty. They have dried peppers(tongues) and different leaves and other things. Could serve double duty if any of you cook with these things after halloween.

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been eyeing a rack at Dollar General of mexican spices that look pretty nasty. They have dried peppers(tongues) and different leaves and other things. Could serve double duty if any of you cook with these things after halloween.

Ah, a haunter after my own heart. I, too, look at food and spices differently. It's not "does my recipe call for that", it's "WOW! I can make that into . . . " :D

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
that's a good idea - think i may have seen something like that too . . .

I've remembered a couple more of the ones i used

red, gold, orange feathers - pheonix feathers
vegetable oil - snake oil
fairy wings from a broken ornament - freshly caught faerie wings

·
Registered
120 Posts
Trying to add a few I haven't seen yet...... I use things that don't have to been replaced each year, that won't mold or spoil. Guess I am lazy but I don't want to replace mine every year.

Werewolf hair, pet hair mixed with dryer lint....*smile*
Horse shoe nails as coffin nails
Cloves as newt eyes
Werewolf claws, peanuts or cashew nuts (broken in half)
Witches skin, dried apple peel
Snake, I found those "grow in a bottle toy" at Dollar tree. Cut it up and added water and a Highlighter color.

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ideas I've "stolen" thus far . . .

Today I added to my collection - mermaid scales and phoenix feathers. (My mini-me, Pixie Frog, loves the Phoenix ever since she saw one on Harry Potter, lol.)

I also bought the red peppers from DG for devil's tongue and turned others into red dragon scales (*note to self - use gloves when cutting, don't pick your nose, and use plenty of tissue when you use the restroom*)

I'm LOVING the toad warts (capers), but hadn't bought those yet. The sands of time is appealing as well. As are the vampires ashes, buzzard pus (gross!) and a few others I hadn't thought of. I need to raid my mother's ash trays and swipe some rusty old "coffin" nails from her husband during my next visit to Louisiana.

My daughter wanted to replace our grave dirt with some instant coffee she liked. How could I turn down a future haunter??? We also grabbed some beef jerky (with noticible striations and fat) and are turning that into rotten corpse meat.

Mmmmmm! All this talk is making me hungry!

·
Beware of the wand!
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I put leaves from a tomato plant in a jar for Deadly Nightshade (they are from the same plant family and have similar leaves)
Brightly colored frogs in a jar with green food colored water. The lable says "Warning! Poison Arrow Frogs from Brazil. I put a Biohazard sticker from work on it.
Glow in the dark maggots in a test tube
Plastic Flys in a test tube
Plastic Roaches in a test tube.
Black abd white sand mixed in a jar for dead man's ashes.
crow feathers from an old beat up dollar tree crow, removed them and put them in a jar.
slime in a bottle for ectoplasm.
hair from a white dog and called it Yeti Hair.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts