Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Lunatic
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a kid, many, many years ago:(, and we got a mere three TV channels, It seems like there were always horror movies featured late on the evening of Friday the 13th. Now, with around 60 channels on basic cable, it seems that Friday the 13th gets little or no special attention. On 3-13-09 the only horror movies I recall being shown are the usual late night movies on AMC's Fear Friday which are shown almost every Friday. This seems to be the case every Friday the 13th now. Are horror movies no longer popular enough to merit attention on this date?

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Agreed!

Growing up in the 80s you could always count on the flicks being shown by someone - usually USA Network.

I know the original and Part 2 were On Demand, but that was pretty much it.

Always a good time to whip out the DVDs and host your own mini-marathon....

·
Registered
232 Posts
for sure, for sure! and i am the sucker who always buys the Fri films whenever there are new special features lol now put the uncut films out for crying out loud! please :)

·
Resident Lunatic
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a pretty fair collection of many of my favorite horror movies on DVD and VHS, but I've seen them so many times I've almost got them memorized. I don't want to get tired of them. There are many movies that I don't necessarily want to own but are nice to watch from time to time. Friday horror movie nights are an opportunity to see some of these movies. Friday the 13th used to be an even better opportunity. They still show more horror than usual around Halloween, at least up until now. We can only hope that the Halloween tradition continues and doesn't go the way of Friday the 13th.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Agreed

I totally agree, I couldn't believe with 2 friday the 13th's pretty close together, there was NOTHING on tv, no marathons, not even 1 movie. blah. I remember USA Up All night, always had some grade C movies goin on, and was pretty good for the b horror movies.. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts