Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion, whats a good size for a haunt to go pro and start charging? 2000 square feet? 5000? 10000?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
I think it has less to do with square footage and more to do with the quality of the haunt itself. You can have 10K square feet of empty space, bad actors and cheesy props, and IMO, it's not worth much. A small haunt can pack a lot of punch and be worth a reasonable fee for guests.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it has less to do with square footage and more to do with the quality of the haunt itself. You can have 10K square feet of empty space, bad actors and cheesy props, and IMO, it's not worth much. A small haunt can pack a lot of punch and be worth a reasonable fee for guests.
Thanks! Would 3000 square feet be enough if I did it right (animatronics, good actors, good special effects, good theme, nice detailing, etc?)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I was told about a Haunt that only took 90 Seconds to go through... BUT, it was So Good and So Intense.. that many got right back in line Again to go through it again!!
This was now many years ago , located in Salem, Mass. owned by John Denley His helper John Flloyd told me about it.
This is one of the problems with my haunted house, is that it takes too long to go through it, for some people. The tour runs at least 60 to 90 minutes, sometimes more . See it: hauntedravensgrin.com if you wish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts