Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the list in Junit's post "20 things you didn't know about death".

11. Queen Victoria insisted on being buried with the bathrobe of her long-dead husband, Prince Albert, and a plaster cast of his hand.
And of course we all know that the ancient Egyptians were entombed with everything they may need in the afterlife..

So..What would you want to take with you on your journey to the next realm?

Just one proviso...It must fit in a standard coffin, so no fridgefulls of beer (sorry Johnny T).

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hmmm... my Smartphone. If I get buried alive, I could at least watch Futurama episodes, play solitaire, and read books until the battery wears out, or the oxygen runs out - whichever happens first.

Because heavens knows, I wouldnt have a cell signal to call and have someone dig me out, dagnabit.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Navin R. Johnson: Well I'm gonna to go then. And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this.
[picks up an ashtray]
Navin R. Johnson: And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Hmmm... my Smartphone. If I get buried alive, I could at least watch Futurama episodes, play solitaire, and read books until the battery wears out, or the oxygen runs out - whichever happens first.

Because heavens knows, I wouldn't have a cell signal to call and have someone dig me out, dagnabit.
HA! That's some good thinking!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,862 Posts
I want to be cremated, so I'd want a few racks of pork ribs stuffed in there with some kick ass bbq sauce so I could have one last barbecue. :D

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For me it would have to be a bottle of overproof rum, a couple of cigars and some peanuts.

And just in case they did pop me in the hole a smidgin prematurely....a spare pair of underpants.:eek:

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Saw this on the list in Junit's post "20 things you didn't know about death".

And of course we all know that the ancient Egyptians were entombed with everything they may need in the afterlife..

So..What would you want to take with you on your journey to the next realm?

Just one proviso...It must fit in a standard coffin, so no fridgefulls of beer (sorry Johnny T).
Yeah I'm also going to be cremated, so instead of taking something with me, I told my wife to drink half a Red Stripe, pour my ashes in the bottle, and then toss me into the sea during sunset in Key West. :cool:

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
i dont want to be buried....

How about being plastercised....

And then be used for my halloween haunt...

Ruggerz

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont want to be buried....

How about being plastercised....

And then be used for my halloween haunt...

Ruggerz
Sounds good..a bit like Dias de los Muertas, where they parade the bodies of their ancestors around the place..

I wouldn't complain if somebody wanted to whip me out of the crypt and cart me off down the pub for a couple of hours on Halloween..:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts