Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got 2 large boxes full of skulls and have no clue what to do with most of them.
I'll put some in the Graveyard, some of the fence line... but stumped about what else...

What would you do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some ideas:
-Got a picket fence? one on each picket.
-Skull totem poles?
-If they have hinged jaws? Add little motors and make a skull discussion panel or News Anchors at a desk (with bad comb-overs and maybe a weather man).
-Get a whole bunch of little chairs or beanbags and recreate the Graham Norton show or your favorite talk show.
-They can sing in a choir or play in the band (with little musical instruments).
-They can be in a yellow bus (Playskull?) and go on a field trip to their favorite cemetery or to a Grateful Dead concert (Dead Heads)
-One giant (sea?) creature (or Medusa?) with 15 heads (like a demented Hydra).
-Tomb (Incan? Aztec?) with lots of dead Spanish skulls stacked from previous sacrifices and treasure chests.
-Depending on how many you have, you can do architecture (like an entryway with skull columns).
-Add that quick hardening clay used for gourds and give them all weird alien facial features...muzzles, alien eye sockets.
-Taxidermy?
-Dinner party with them all in masks, or little kid costume, or different stuffed plush bodies.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Recently got 2 large boxes full of skulls and have no clue what to do with most of them.
I'll put some in the Graveyard, some of the fence line... but stumped about what else...

What would you do?
I too have a bunch of cheap plastic skulls. My plan is to line the walkwway with the skulls and a bunch of those cheap plastic jack-o-lanterns, and some string lights running through them. That's the plan. It may change if it winds up not looking as great as I envision it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
firstly, what kind of glorious person just gives you two boxes brimming with skulls, and do they need any more friends in their life? 💀

you could get some spray foam on the job and make a catacomb archway or wall.

or, if you’re comfortable with people taking pictures with your haunt, repurpose an old chair and make a skull throne? 🪑 i know it sounds like a lot of hard work, but personally my goal is to build my haunt up to be so good people want to take pictures with it, and to include a prop for them to stand by or sit on to do that.

if all other ideas fail you could make a topiary or totem sotaution out of them and maybe use glow in the dark paint to spell out something eerie on the foreheads for good measure? 🪦

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow - what a great problem to have!! :eek: An archway or wall was the first thing I thought of, The skull throne is also a terrific idea --- I've been on the hunt for super cheap "bag 'o bones" to make one myself == might be my first project for next year if I stumble upon some great clearance sales.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
firstly, what kind of glorious person just gives you two boxes brimming with skulls, and do they need any more friends in their life? 💀

you could get some spray foam on the job and make a catacomb archway or wall.

or, if you’re comfortable with people taking pictures with your haunt, repurpose an old chair and make a skull throne? 🪑 i know it sounds like a lot of hard work, but personally my goal is to build my haunt up to be so good people want to take pictures with it, and to include a prop for them to stand by or sit on to do that.

if all other ideas fail you could make a topiary or totem sotaution out of them and maybe use glow in the dark paint to spell out something eerie on the foreheads for good measure? 🪦
I too have a bunch of cheap plastic skulls. My plan is to line the walkwway with the skulls and a bunch of those cheap plastic jack-o-lanterns, and some string lights running through them. That's the plan. It may change if it winds up not looking as great as I envision it.
I've lined the walk ways and trees but the problem so far has been rain and wind. Otherwise it looks great!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some ideas:
-Got a picket fence? one on each picket.
-Skull totem poles?
-If they have hinged jaws? Add little motors and make a skull discussion panel or News Anchors at a desk (with bad comb-overs and maybe a weather man).
-Get a whole bunch of little chairs or beanbags and recreate the Graham Norton show or your favorite talk show.
-They can sing in a choir or play in the band (with little musical instruments).
-They can be in a yellow bus (Playskull?) and go on a field trip to their favorite cemetery or to a Grateful Dead concert (Dead Heads)
-One giant (sea?) creature (or Medusa?) with 15 heads (like a demented Hydra).
-Tomb (Incan? Aztec?) with lots of dead Spanish skulls stacked from previous sacrifices and treasure chests.
-Depending on how many you have, you can do architecture (like an entryway with skull columns).
-Add that quick hardening clay used for gourds and give them all weird alien facial features...muzzles, alien eye sockets.
-Taxidermy?
-Dinner party with them all in masks, or little kid costume, or different stuffed plush bodies.
You are definitely more artist than engineer. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Is this just glow in the dark paint with black light?
I made the faces using skulls as a base. I have a tutorial here.
I originally put a light in the mouth to light up the face which look okay, but a lot of definition was lost at night when I put them in the trees.

Last year I realized how awesome black light paint is and used it on the head lights Which I think added a lot to the prop.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts