Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, so you find a nice crisp hundy laying on the ground. Assuming you are going to put that towards Halloween, whatcha buyin? Are you getting a nice $100 animated prop from Spirit? 100 dollar store skulls? something inbetween? Feel free to post pics or links.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,651 Posts
Probably a bunch of the useful cheaper stuff and lots of TOT/party treats. Little bit going a long way...not all the money on just one or two things that I will have to find a spot for. Especially since I am low on the funds and have not been able to get anything anyways.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Funny you should ask that. I DID find a crisp 50 euro bill on the ground last year. Was walking downtown and there it was, just laying there on the sidewalk. Later the same day I saw the old pump organ in the thrift store and that's what we used 40 of it for :)

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
WEll, I'd go to Michael's every day with a 50% off coupon!! LOL
First, I'd get the Gemmy Witch for $25.
Second, I'd get a 3 Funkins for $7, total of $21.
Third, I'd get small hay bales 1 large 1 small for total of $10
Fourth, I'd get one of the larger props at Michael's for the remaining $56!

Damn...now I wish I'd find a $100 bill!!! LOL :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the opinions guys. I was hoping for a few more posts here. I have a friend who wants to donate $100 towards the decorations for my party this year, and I am not sure what to have him buy. Maybe once the stores start carrying more I will just send him in there and tell him to buy one of the $100 props.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'd spend it on grocery's and tell my wife that we just saved a $100. Then I'd go out and spend $200 at Lowes for materials for Halloween... when some argument ensues later in the week about why I spent $200 at Lowes, I'll cheerfully bring up the $100 savings on feeding our family; and through cunning linguistics, convince my wife of the justification of the Lowe's purchase.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
If it had to go to Halloween items i'd buy a nice skeleton.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd probably go with lighting. Even after three years I'm still collecting lighting! It's hard to get the right balance between spooky dark and bright enough to see the food and smaller decor items, especially since I refuse to put out real candles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd spend it on grocery's and tell my wife that we just saved a $100. Then I'd go out and spend $200 at Lowes for materials for Halloween... when some argument ensues later in the week about why I spent $200 at Lowes, I'll cheerfully bring up the $100 savings on feeding our family; and through cunning linguistics, convince my wife of the justification of the Lowe's purchase.
:eek:

I hope to one day use this logic on my husband.. :p

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Haha DeadTed you crack me up :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
LOL- I like your thinking...

·
Gramzie
998 Posts
geee thats a hard question.. there are so many things that 100 could buy.. 1. fillers . as in skulls, bats, spiders never enough of those. 2. lights also never enough lights or extension cords. 3. Beer keg for the party. 4. some fab animated prop!! .. oh I could go on and on etc etc etc.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
This is an easy one for me, I would buy my solenoid valve and my prop controller for my spider prop i'm working on right now trying to have ready for halloween this year.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If I add 5 bucks to it I can put gas in the truck to take the kids around on Halloween. Does that count?

Actually, I am not sure what I would by with it. Probably a couple cases of Pumpkin Ale for a Halloween Party.

·
Registered
281 Posts
probably use it towards setting up a party at the civic center. I was planning on hosting a huge party there assuming I had the money then selling tickets for food and entertainment to make some of the money back.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd probably go with lighting. Even after three years I'm still collecting lighting! It's hard to get the right balance between spooky dark and bright enough to see the food and smaller decor items, especially since I refuse to put out real candles.
I agree 100%! Lighting is the most important element in decorating for halloween. I believe you can never have too many strobe lights, flicker bulbs, blacklights, etc. And you can use these items year after year, with different applications, and with any theme. That is definintely where I would spend the money! Ask your friend if you can go shopping with him when he spends the cash...to make he gets the right stuff. Have fun! (I'm a little jealous)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts