Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
A perfect fall morning? Waking up in a cabin in the woods with a light chill in the air. Starting a fire, and making breakfast; pancakes cooked in butter so the edges get slightly crispy and a nice big batch of applewood smoked bacon. Then taking breakfast by the fire and pouring real maple syrup on the pancakes with a generous helping of freshly made whipped cream. The after breakfast going for a walk in the woods to smell the crisp fall air and seeing the colors of the changing leaves.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Comfortable temps so that I can sleep in and start my 15 mile runs around 9:00...instead of having to be done by 9:00

·
Registered
410 Posts
Crisp, fresh air, brilliant blue sky, up North in Michigan, piping hot coffee and one of those giant, maple frosted donuts, perusing my favorite novel or magazine, my laptop at the ready to check in to our forum. Standing on the porch appreciating the silence, savoring peaceful & grateful thoughts and admiring the vast expanse of pine trees all around. Then back inside next to the roaring fireplace with my feet up and a favorite companion on my lap, purring. :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Spookymimi - Cool avatar, very creative, you manage to look pretty and scary at the same time! :cool:

·
Registered
897 Posts
A perfect fall morning would be like everyone has stated-cool and colorful, but also add that I'm headed to a haunted attraction that evening! :D
The slanted sunlight casts shadows of my window decorations onto my floors and walls, the wind is blowing the dry leaves around, and I have everything ready for the big night.
The house should smell of baked food like cookies or pies and it's cold enough for a jacket outside.
Ahhhhhhhhhh!

·
Queen of Halloween
4,246 Posts
Waking up to the smell of freshly brewed pumpkin coffee, and the crisp scent of the autumn air slightly blowing through the curtains. I'd put my slippers on, wrap myself in a cozy blanket, take my coffee and sit on the porch. The temperature would be in the 60's with a slight breeze, the foliage would be at its peak and the sun would be shining, but occasionally play peek-a-boo behind some clouds. I can smell wood burning off in the distance, and the only noise is of birds singing their autumn songs and the leaves dancing.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:) My perfect Fall morning would be when I awaken, the air is crisp and cool maybe 56 degrees, with a definite woodfire smell from the cool night prior.... Fall leaves litter the lawn like Halloween confetti and Autumn dreams..... and I notice the neighbors all have pumpkins on their porch....I slowly walk the dogs in the back yard and breathe deeply the smell of moss and leaves and ghostly dreams, while all the while, dreaming of jack o' lanterns, haunted houses and Halloween.....:)

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Loving this question, it makes me feel peaceful just reading them.
I think I would wake up to my house being a bit chilly, run for my fuzzy socks and hoodie while I make my hazelnut coffee. Id light my pumpkin spice candle. Open the door and see falling leaves as the wind is blowing slightly. Id sit on the porch and drink my warm coffee then I want to say id go for a walk but its probably more like get on the computer and see what you guys are up to, haha...later id go out and work in the yard on my props and pick at my mums in the garden.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I've got nothing to add that you all haven't already said beautifully! Any wonder so many folks prefer the last quarter of the year!

Here's something to give you an idea how Autumn starts here in England.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Well, first of all, I'd be off work.

I'd wake up at dawn, or shortly before. That's one of my favorite parts of the day. I'd bundle up in fuzzy flannels and a cozy sweatshirt, because it would be chilly. Coffee is a must - preferably pumpkin spice flavored, if we have it.

Breakfast would be simple - something warm and cinnamony, like oatmeal or something. Then I'd head outside to sit in my Adirondack chair with a good book (and a second cup of coffee).

As I said, it would be chilly out. I'd be grateful for the sweatshirt. The air would have a smoky smell, like someone had been burning leaves well into the night. Most likely my book would be something seasonal, like something on Halloween history and traditions, or an old favorite, like Something Wicked This Way Comes or Dracula. Once the sun had moved around that side of the house too far (to quote Mad Madam Mim, "I haaaaaaate shunshine!"), I'd head inside and start a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts