Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm hoping the quality will go back up and the prices will lower again? Ok, wishful thinking..,

I do think the Boneys will stay, it's just so popular.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I agree. They are a big profit for YC. You know its a profit when they throw an annual launch party for a collection! Hopefully they wont jack the prices up and lessen the quality. I am upset with YC right now anyway:mad:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree...I wouldn't mind the same prices if the quality and creativity improved.

I WOULD like to see them scale down just a tiny big in size...the train was humongous this year and the hearse wasn't much better.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I agree...I wouldn't mind the same prices if the quality and creativity improved.

I WOULD like to see them scale down just a tiny big in size...the train was humongous this year and the hearse wasn't much better.
Yes! The smaller pieces are great also! I would like to see some new jar Clingers, shelf sitters, and ornaments ! :)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Thanks wickedwillingwinch for linking to the article on the sale of Yankee Candle. It's interesting.

I also would like to see the Boney Bunch collection continue. Sure would like to see the quality return to the standard of the 2008 and 2009 collections. I'd be fine with a moderate increase in price if that's what it would take.

I've been developing new decorating themes using a mix of the new and old pieces over the last couple of days. I previously thought there was a scale problem this year, but now I'm not so sure. The train is big, but overall the collection seems to be to scale. Not quite sure what to do with the train. It may need to be a stand alone, but the more I think about it, the more ideas I have to try. Hoping to post pictures in the next couple of weeks...

My message to Jarden is...improve the quality, stay with the artist, Mark Cook, return the collection to it's original Victorian/Edwardian look, and maintain the collection's scale - (please, please, DON'T make the scale smaller!). Also, I'd love to see some of the rejected prototypes put into production, particularly the race car, boy on tricycle, guillotine, and squid boy!

I STILL can't believe they never made it into production.

Favorite piece this year is definitely the Woodie Wagon with the surf boards in the back. I can hardly wait to decorate with it and the motorcycle. I think they were designed to display together.

It's the Boney Bunch that brought me to Yankee Candle in 2008. Not sure if I'd continue shopping there if that collection ends.

Lisa

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I would love for the Boney Bunch to continue and give us the variety we want again. However, and I may be the only one, I would like to see them continue the Pumpkin People line too. They fit in great with the boney bunch and I believe they would sell great. All they need to do is offer them in Yankee Candle stores along with the boney bunch. Maybe release one or two a year along side the boney bunch and see if they sell. It would be a great way to extend the line a bit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Agreed on the pumpkin people, I would like more Frankenstein people or add in a vampire couple. Also, I love the boney pets, would hope for more every year.

I would adore the guillotine boney..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I remember when Yankee Candle bought Illuminations several years ago. I was so upset, because it was one of my favorite stores for Halloween and Christmas decor.:( I still have all of their Halloween catalogs for inspiration. The quality of their products was superb. Here's hoping the Boney Bunch live on. :confused:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I would rather them just make fewer Boney's a year and focus on the quality and thought behind each one. I would like to see them add more animals also-- great idea! I also think the baby needs to grow up now and give us little Boney children! I am sure they could get into lots of trouble! :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts