Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would have to go with this that I done last year only because when I showed up at my sister and brother in laws Halloween party my brother in law came up to me to introduce himself because he had no idea who I was...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would have to go with this that I done last year only because when I showed up at my sister and brother in laws Halloween party my brother in law came up to me to introduce himself because he had no idea who I was...

Awww, can't see it...you should move it into an album.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Not necessarily my favorite, but my most memorable was "Charley's Aunt" from the play and film.

I got a lot of nice compliments as well as a lot of attention.

TC

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
As a couple, the undertaker and his wife. As an individual, I love being the Bride of Frankenstein.

I get the most reaction from the Cannibal. Especially the day the cops stopped me in my Corvette when I was dressed as the Cannibal. The first thing I gave them was my name tag from The Costume Shop! They wanted my driver license, reg and proof of ins. Imagine that! LOL.

I make all my costumes so it's hard to decide. I wear a costume almost every day in October because I work at The Costume Shop and each one has different memories.

Check it out at: The Costume Shop - Boise, Idaho - We've Got You Covered!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
As a couple, the undertaker and his wife. As an individual, I love being the Bride of Frankenstein.

I get the most reaction from the Cannibal. Especially the day the cops stopped me in my Corvette when I was dressed as the Cannibal. The first thing I gave them was my name tag from The Costume Shop! They wanted my driver license, reg and proof of ins. Imagine that! LOL.

I make all my costumes so it's hard to decide. I wear a costume almost every day in October because I work at The Costume Shop and each one has different memories.

Check it out at: The Costume Shop - Boise, Idaho - We've Got You Covered!
All are great. But I do like you as The Bride. I can see why the cops stopped you dressed as a cannabal!. Lol! I have never thought of that one. Something to consider.

Great costumes!

TC

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
This one I modeled after a Clive Barker character. I'm surprised I was able to even find this old pic. I scared a few even under the office lights (with mask OFF). LOL It was late at the office and I didn't have the mask on when it was taken. :(

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,327 Posts
Not nearly as frightful as the others, but my first homemade costume will always hold a special place in my heart.

I was 9, my parents decided that I was too old to go TOT anymore and I don't think my dad was even home.

I made a white mouse costume. I got a white trash bag and cut arm and leg holes, stuffed it with paper and put on white tights with a white shorts and tee. I made ears out of paper plates and stuck them on a hairband and painted my nose black. Made a tail out of clothesline.

I was so proud of that costume. :eek:

My fave costume as an adult was when I was in college theater. I was a vampire victim. I worked the ticket booth for "Dracula" and all of us workers got to raid the costume shop. I had a deep-red silk cut-down-to-there Victorian gown, my hair piled up in ringlets and white makeup with bite wounds trailing blood down my chest. :D I got hit on all night! I wish I had pics!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well as a kid my most memorable was the Frankenstein monster. I was realllly into the Universal monsters around then, and no not just in October. haha This was like an ongoing thing. So of all of them I some how fixated on being Frankenstein's. I had the clothes and all but the face was finally finalized when I noticed a cut out mask on the back of like rice krispies or something. But it was a lame cardboard one. So my mom made it better by gluing it to a styrofoam mask of a hobo haha. we covered the hobo with black paper and then put the mask of Frankenstein's over it. I think it may have been the first year I got to choose my own costume which is why it was so memorable. And I loved those damn monsters!!!

And recently, last year, my most memorable was my Edward Scissorhands costume. I got sooo many compliments on it and it was awesome cuz it was entirely made of stuff I got from the 99 cent store! only 8 bucks! "Just call me the 8 dollar costume king baby!"

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine was a Raggedy Ann costume those plastic ones that came in a box with the plastic face. I was 7 & went trick or treating... bent over to tie my shoe & it split right up the back lol. I will never forget that.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
ahh Skulkin, that's hilarious that you were stopped by the cops in your cannibal gear! :D

I love how you guys look as the undertaker and wife. That dress is so complimentary to the undertakers outfit, and it is absolutely stunning!!

DannyDanger, I LOVE Edward Scissorhands, I can't believe you pulled off that amazing costume for such a low price! It looks so much better than the expensive 'official' one that can be bought!
And recently, last year, my most memorable was my Edward Scissorhands costume. I got sooo many compliments on it and it was awesome cuz it was entirely made of stuff I got from the 99 cent store! only 8 bucks! "Just call me the 8 dollar costume king baby!"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Two years ago I made twoof those creatures that looks like you're riding on the back of a giant emu (type creature).

They were big, black and fluffy, with black extendable necks, red LEDs in the eyes, and the beaks opened and closed when you squeezed the "reins". My "legs" were leather pants with heeled boots, and my husbands was grey denim with chunky boots. We had black chicken-feet strapped to our own feet, and hubby wore black fluffy trousers to match the body (I went for black leggins to have a more feminine bird)!

I was hugely proud of my creation, especially as I made two - we looked amazing, even if I say so myself :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts