Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys :)
I was looking through my Halloween props today and just realised how much i have improved from one year ago when i first started to make props.My first prop i attempted was a MITB, but i had never even heard of wiper motors, prop controllers and my knowledge of electronics was of the bare minimum.So the finished product consisted of a tiny motor spinning a chain to hit off the box i had made, the chain couldn't even be heard. At the time i was over the moon, but now i look back at it and realize it was pretty rubbish.

So a year on and my most recent prop i guess is also my MITB, i have binned the tiny motors and plastic chain, I've moved onto the big boys stuff, my MITB now consists of a wiper motor, prop controller, sound effects and lighting.

I guess i have only achieved this because of this great forum and your help., so for that i thank you very much.

BUT, what i want to know is what was your first and most recent prop ???? (pictures please)

Thanks alot

Phil :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Industen! you certainly went all out on your first prop, im hoping to add some pneumatic props to my display next year. I love your vampiress and your MITC.

truly awesome

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think my first prop was a cheezy foam headstone...

The neighbor across the street does a whole haunted cemetary so I wanted to do something else....

Then a friend of mine gave me my first pirate flag... It's been all pirate ever sense.

This year I am copying Mic214's cannon designs ( or at least I'm trying to ). I hope to light them up and maybe next year I can get a LOR system finally and tie in all the little props in the yard.

I'm still not up to the standards of most of the people on this awsome site but I will keep working on it : )

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pirate house

I think i also made some foam headstones when i was first starting off, i think i have improved alot since then though.The cannons look great and are a awesome idea, please post pics when your done.

Halloween71

The torches look great and will be really spooky when alight. I also really like your candles and witch potions

Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey unorthodox, the lab equipment is amazing, do you have any pictures of the internals of the prop or even better a tutorial ???

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts