Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build my first pneumatic prop in the next few days. Any thoughts on where is a good beginner place to start? Looking for something with a startle scare effect to it that can be build in several days by a handy person. Where did you start?

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
Yes I agree with jonnyci. That's one of the simplest pneumatic props to put together. My first pneumatic was something similar to that, just popped up a scary foam prop up from behind some vision obstructing object.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,780 Posts
Hey,

The first pneumatic prop I did was the two demons in my garage. You can see them in my signature link under Uzzaths Underworld.

BTW..went to your website. It says returning in 2017. Thought I would mention it in case it is a typo.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a corpsed skeleton jump from sitting to standing - I vented it thru a horn - obnoxiously loud and scared everyone. It broke and I reworked it. Pneumatics are fun. Look on ebay for parts - cylinders and solenoids. Bing bang for your buck/effort.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Here's the first pneumatic I built, a Grave Jumper, pretty cool and not too difficult. The plans show it using a screen door cylinder but I used real pneumatics instead, the finished prop will work much better (not to mention safer!)

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I built the coffin first and then decided to add the skeleton. The basic pneumatics were done in a day once I scavenged all the parts. I can post a tutorial if you are interested.

I would really love a tutorial if you have the time. I would love to have this in a room of my haunted garage this year!!

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
I was about to tell you not to do what I did for my first pneumatic which was to dive head first into some seriously expensive and difficult stuff. But, on second thought... it did teach me quick about not only pneumatics but triggering, DMX lighting and haunt control. heheh. Seriously though - I'd suggest what others said about the Trash Can Trauma.

Anyways - here's my dive into the deep part of the pool:

Here's what it took to get that all accomplished:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
First was trash can trauma but there are easier ones to make. I have around twenty pneumatic props now. Start with a coffin banger. Very easy. One cylinder, one solenoid, you can even hook it to a remote trigger and activate it manually without a prop controller. TCT is the same but you need a little bit more knowledge on hardware and such. After a while you can build more elaborate props.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts