Halloween Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 3770 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
The last horror movie I watched was Cry Baby Lane. It aired on Nickelodeon only once and then was supposedly banned (although a Nick rep says otherwise). They aired in on Teen Nick a few months ago.

·
I am the one who knocks
1,939 Posts
I watched Event Horizon and Saw II today. EH had some interesting parts, and a good cast, but it got a bit silly. It was entertaining enough for a lazy evening.
Saw II is another sequel that doesn't match up to the original, but the concept still intrigued me enough to enjoy the movie (yes, it had its share of silly moments too). I like that Jigsaw's so different from usual horror villains.

·
Registered
860 Posts
the human centipede..what a f#@$ed up movie.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th. A feature length documentary about the Friday the 13th movie series with graphic scenes from each film. I guess that's a horror movie isn't it?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Seeing as how yesterday was Friday the 13th, we watched ..... you got it;

Friday the 13th, Part 2 (1981)
Friday the 13th (2009)

The Horror Channel over here ran, I think, all of the F13 movies yesterday, starting in the evening and finishing up at 4 a.m. today. Jason does indeed live.

·
Registered
320 Posts
THE BLACK CAT (1941) HARD to find now. Universal only put it out by itself on VHS...it's in a DVD pack, but you have to spend a kajillion dollars, and thats AFTER you track the thing down. The VHS goes for like 20 bucks on Amazon these days.
Not bad at all...great atmosphere as a bunch of greedy relatives gather for the reading of the will in the old mansion complete with secret passages. Of course someone is trying to kill everyone.
Basil Rathbone who usually played Sherlock Holmes is playing a Nasty Turkey this time out and just loves it.
Hugh Herbert is a missing link between humans and Looney Tunes...he is continously going;"Whoo hooo"..
Animal lovers (are you READING THIS Duchess??) will dig the plot about the dead lady who loves her cats and hates her relatives..
Not one of the top Universals, but cool if you can get a copy.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Pumpkinhead is a classic, for me! The 2 and 3rd are crap, the 4th one is not bad, because is related diretly from the 1st one. (maybe it's the 3rd one.. I know it was the latest one 2 years ago)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i didn't know there was a fourth. i will have to check it out and watch it. the second one is not as good, but i still liked it. it seems i did see the third one, and it is directly related to the first. but it's been a long time since i saw them so i could be wrong. isn't the third one called bloodwings or something like that?

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
THE BLACK CAT (1941) HARD to find now. Universal only put it out by itself on VHS...it's in a DVD pack, but you have to spend a kajillion dollars, and thats AFTER you track the thing down. The VHS goes for like 20 bucks on Amazon these days.
Not bad at all...great atmosphere as a bunch of greedy relatives gather for the reading of the will in the old mansion complete with secret passages. Of course someone is trying to kill everyone.
Basil Rathbone who usually played Sherlock Holmes is playing a Nasty Turkey this time out and just loves it.
Hugh Herbert is a missing link between humans and Looney Tunes...he is continously going;"Whoo hooo"..
Animal lovers (are you READING THIS Duchess??) will dig the plot about the dead lady who loves her cats and hates her relatives..
Not one of the top Universals, but cool if you can get a copy.
You can get the DVD set on Amazon for $15.99

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Horror-Classic-Archive-Monster/dp/B000WNHTCC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326607322&sr=8-2

Fun set. Really had fun with Horror Island and Night Monster. The '41 Black Cat has always gotten a bad rap but I always kinda liked it.

1521 - 1540 of 3770 Posts