Halloween Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 3765 Posts

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
the exorcist was the first movie that didn't just scare me, it mortified me. i bought the movie for a $, but haven't watched it yet. wanted to see if it still scares me as bad. must, i haven't watched it yet. my daughter said there is a new exorcist movie out, she said it's scarier, i don't think i want to watch it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
a serbian film - maybe not all time but this is as disturbing as it gets nowadays 9/10
100 tears - just bloodythirsty wallop 8.5/10
the legend of hell house - still a classic and roddy mcdowall is in fine form here 9/5/10

·
Registered
14 Posts
cat in the brain - lucio fulci's most underrated yet recycled movie with a brillant performance by the director and star himself fulci

its a pretty chaotic insane piece of work that all horror fans can appreciate 9/10

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The regional MGM channel did a B movie weekend this week so I caught a bumper crop of really bad horror movies;

Once Bitten (1985) - with a very young Jim Carrey. I'd forgotten how awful 80s fashion was.

Squirm (1976) - mutated worms eat residences of backwoods Georgia town.

Monster Dog (1984) - Alice Cooper nuts up to a pack of killer dogs in his hometown. I didn't know Cooper had ever been in a movie until I saw this. He's actually quite a decent actor.

Grave of the Vampire (1974) - Half vampire, half human finds and takes revenge on his vampire father. Wasn't as awful as I thought it would be.

The Loves of Count Yorga, Vampire (1970) - was as awful as I thought it would be.

Swamp Thing (1982) - one of Wes Craven's better flicks in my view. The effects look really dated by today's standards, but the story is excellent. Still very watchable.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Sadly, one of my fav dvd store is closing and many movies are 2 for 1. I scored great movies tonight!
-Adele Blanc-Sec (based on a Belguim comicbook, like a female Sherlock Holmes in the 1920s)
-Blood Creek
-Atttack the Block (British, with th fat guy from Shawn of the dead)
-Stake Land (american, I think) (vampire movie)
-The Shrine (British I think)
-Wakewood (British, this one look amazing!)
-I saw the Devil (Amazing Korean horror, seen it already 3 times!)
-Dead Snow (Norwegen Natzie zombies!)
-Troll Hunter (Norwegen Trolls movie!)
-Harpoon (I think another Norwegen movie!)
They had a lot more horror too, I had like 20 dvds in my hands, but my budget is thight. I tried to grabbed the ones I will like the most.

·
Registered
860 Posts
the human centipede...if ya dont know anything about this movie, consider fortune on your side.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I went again, grabbed all the horrors that look good to me. I don't think I'll need to buy any DVDs for a lllonng time.

Don't look up
Predators
Tucker & Dale VS Evil
Saw, last chapter
I spit on your grave, new version
Wrong Turn 4
Roadkill
The Gathering
Night of the Demons (new remake)
CHAWZ
Case 39

1481 - 1500 of 3765 Posts