Halloween Forum banner

3761 - 3779 of 3779 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
The Lighthouse (2019)

This movie can be summed up in two words. Pretentious Crap. It's another one of those movies that critics love, not because it is any good, but because other critics raved about it and even though the movie made no sense to them they just say they loved it as well because they don't want to appear stupid.

I won't copy/paste the whole user review but this one from IMDB pretty much sums up the movie. (contains spoilers, so you will have to expand it to see it).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well they sure did pump up that movie enough. I watched several trailers months ago thinking...okay well I guess it could be good but I am not seeing it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
THE LIGHTHOUSE IS AMAZING!

Oh man, I couldn't disagree more Bobby.

It had me gripped from beginning to end. Beautiful cinematography! Great Acting! SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

I loved it!

You will not love it if you need all your questions answered.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
I've been watching horror movies for about 60 years. I was hesitant to watch Black Christmas, because I never cared much for killer Santa movies. I finally watched it 15 months ago and found out that it is different. This is a movie that could've been set at any time of the year. I was so impressed that I've seen it twice more since.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,606 Posts
The Possession

Or as I would've called it, The Jewish Exorcist. Kinda weird for me to see a guy I've only known as Negan, the evil guy from Walking Dead, in the nice dad role.

There's a few scenes that are worth it but overall I came away thinking, "this is just The Exorcist with a Jewish demon."

And then I started thinking about this whole child possession thing & wondered...
Why?

What's the point of ONE demon possessing someone, especially a child? Unless they can replicate themselves, put bits of themselves into others, I'm not sure what they're gonna accomplish with a kid. Pissing mommy & daddy off? They can't go off & live by themselves since outwardly they're kids so why bother with a child, especially if you're going to let the proverbial demon outta the bag? They should just possess someone, lay low until they're an adult, "help" them when they can to get to a position of power THEN take over, more like Damien in The Omen.

Why not possess an adult? And not a sketchy adult either, how about a relatively well-adjusted, middle-to-upper-middle-income adult? You know, they've got a good "normal" job, good insurance, just a regular person that you'd invite to the neighborhood BBQ. You could do a lot more damage with that person.Like the "normal" equivalent of Tom Hanks but not the real TH because he's a celeb & too high profile to possess."

Yipes....I need to just go to bed now & stop overthinking stupid horror movies!!:LOL:

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,606 Posts
The new Pet Sematary.

I like the new cat(s) they got to be Church (though sadly the one that was in the makeup, Leo, has since crossed the Rainbow Bridge). Main Coons get no love in the movies & neither do tabbies, it's always black cats that get all the scary screen time. It's about time black cats got replaced as the proverbial "bad cat" in movies. Because we all know that black cats are usually the sweetest cats.

And as all cat slaves know, all cats are a teeny tiny bit evil.;)

Overall it seemed kinda unnecessary.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Their tiny amount of evilness is exactly why we get sucked into all their videos too! It was an interesting telling of the book. The big switch was unexpected! I liked Jeb's character as usual. But again, there is no topping the original because Gage was just too freaky. And yes I see where black cats look scarier than others but are well known to be the most compassionate. Now orange tabbys.....most of those are dicks....and I love them too

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,606 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
After watching an awful lot of crap, I've finally seen a couple of new ones that were decent, but nine times out of ten the new stuff isn't very good. Anyway I liked these two:

Pet Cemetery (2019) - not a bad remake with John Lithgow 7/10
Escape Room (2019) - escape room scenario with college students. Worth a watch. 8/10

Finally got around to watching the latest Halloween movie. 5/10. Glad we didn't stump up the admission to go see it at the theatre.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I watched Demon House with Zak Bagans last night. Not quite sure if I believe all the hype, but with police telling what happened and all those people getting hurt after being inside the house, who knows!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I watched Demon House with Zak Bagans last night. Not quite sure if I believe all the hype, but with police telling what happened and all those people getting hurt after being inside the house, who knows!
After he filmed it he tore the building down so no one could prove he was full of it.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,606 Posts
Candy Corn

It has a good pedigree. Tony Todd, Courtney Gains, PJ Soles. Courtney Gains even produced it.

It's a simple revenge plot but it was fun.

3761 - 3779 of 3779 Posts