3741 - 3751 of 3751 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Autopsy of Jane Doe
Triangle
As Above So Below
Doppelganger
Cabin in the Woods (even though I think I just about have this movie memorized)

Hubbies and I are watching a scary movie every night as a treat to ourselves.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Autopsy of Jane Doe
Triangle
As Above So Below
Doppelganger
Cabin in the Woods (even though I think I just about have this movie memorized)

Hubbies and I are watching a scary movie every night as a treat to ourselves.
What did you think of Autopsy of Jane Doe? I got a genuine shiver down my spine during the scene when he hears the bells outside the door. 🦇

·
Registered
366 Posts
Night of the Demon (AKA Curse of the Demon) (1957)

"American professor John Holden arrives in London for a parapsychology conference, only to find himself investigating the mysterious actions of Devil-worshiper Julian Karswell."

Well worth watching if you've never seen it, or watching again even if you have.

Hex (2017)

"During the English Civil War, two opposing soldiers find themselves trapped in a forest controlled by a Witch."

A better description of this movie might be...

"During the English Civil War, two opposing soldiers find themselves trapped in a forest controlled by a Witch. Massive boredom ensues."

This movie stinks, and is pretty boring.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I loved the whole mood of the movie. Eerie the entire time. My youngest son has put it on the top of his list as a favorite.
I agree! They did a bang-up job of gradually ratcheting things up, rather than relying on cheap jump-scares. The hellish realizations they come to as the autopsy proceeds. Whew. Like you said, the whole atmosphere. Tight, taut movie.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Poltergeist the original 1982 version - local TV station (SBS) has been broadcasting several horror movies lately
I saw Poltergeist in the theater as a high school senior back in the day. Loved it! One of the 80's best, and there were a ton of fun horror flicks back then. Did I mention I'm old? 🦇

·
Registered
366 Posts
Brotherhood of the Wolf - 2001

Basically this is a movie about the beast of Gevaudan. In French with subtitles.

Not a bad movie. The plot doesn't quite live up to the cinematography, and at times I felt like I was watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon mashed together with Dangerous Liaisons, but overall it's well worth watching. When you watch a bad movie it might only be 1 1/2 hours long but you feel every minute of that time. This movie is almost 2 1/2 hours long and it really didn't seem like it because the plot kept moving along. The directors cut is a little over 2 1/2 hours long. I didn't watch that version but I guess the only difference was that they added some backstory for the hero of the movie, the Chevalier de Fronsac, and his native american sidekick Mani, which I doubt really would have added anything more to the story since you find out, albeit briefly, why they have a close bond.

The only thing I would add is that if you have the tendency to use pirate movie sites, not that I am admitting to being one of those people 😉, but if you are I would watch the quality of the subtitles. I can understand a little french and you expect in translation a word or two to be switched or dropped. For example a character kept referring to the main character by his title Chevalier, but the closed captions referred to him as Fronsac, but the first version I came across not only was it badly translated things, it dropped entire sentences.

3741 - 3751 of 3751 Posts