Halloween Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
demonic animatronic
810 Posts
best i got was when the neighbor from down the street went through and said they had to come because every tot and parent was talking about it when they got to their house :D

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
The squeals and yelps from the kids as they were surprised by something in the walk-by are what stick with me & make me want to make it better next year. And lots of, "wow, your deocrations are great" from the parents. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lets see could it be the skid marks from the kid's shoes being drag in the yard by their parents? The bigger kids getting candy for the younger ones to afraid to walk up in to the yard.? I guess it was from a young mother who had her 1yr old with her. Telling me that she has been coming here for a few years and wanted her boy to enjoy halloween just like she did. That with the screams and other comments made my night.
Yes Virgina there is a Great Pumpkin and he is good!:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
We had lots of loved the house. best house they have been to that night
But the best two were: Thanks for doing all this so me and my kids can celebrate a nice halloween.

and a liittle girl about 6 said this is the Most Beautifulist house I have ever seen: ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
My biggest compliment was a kid who was so scared he couldn't make it up the stairs of the front porch. His parent s were at the curb, and watched him walk across my lawn. Before he made it to my door, he went bolting back to his parents crying. The mother had to come up to see what scared him so much.
Mission accomplished!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My biggest compliment was from the boy's down the block they wish there dad was this cool he never does cool stuff like this .

·
Registered
304 Posts
This was my first year so i dont have anything to compare it to other than everyone elses stories but i had so many compliments , thanks you, Has the paper been out to take pictures. You should be on the front page tomorrow.. Yours is the best house in the whole city.. and we've been driving around looking.. You should charge for this.. I think i heard it all..

I still loved the lil boy maybe 3-4 years old dressed as a monkey who said to me as he pointed to my grave grabber.. "Hes dieing..""

·
Registered
363 Posts
Twenty minutes into our haunt, a woman came out the the exit with a little boy on her hip (probably about 4 years old), and she was telling me she thought it was awesome but her little boy was pretrified. Then her face changed, she looked at her little boy (who still had his face buried in her shoulder) and started yelling towards her husband, "Rick, Rick, he just pee'd on me!!!!"

That was the first sign that things were going well. Yesterday morning when we made a pass through the yard, there was a ton of candy scattered everywhere. You know it's a great haunt when there's candy on the lawn the next morning!!!
ok, now that was funny too

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
I did a pirate theme and built the bow of a pirate ship off of my front deck. I had a lot of people tell me that my set up looked like it was right out of Disney's POTC and that was pretty cool. Quite a few visitors said that they heard about my display and had come across town to see it. My display was up for about two weeks prior to the big day and I had a bunch of folks come by and take pictures or just slow down to look at it when they were driving by.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
We did a scarecrow skit this year, with many fake scarecrows and a few actors to get the startle.

I was honored to have actor/comedian Dennis Leary come to my yard with his kids and a group of others. I didn't realize it was him until I jumped off my scarecrow stand and growled Happy Halloween almost in his face. He said the yard haunt and effects looked very cool.

The other winning compliment was when a group of three teenage boys came into the path through the scarecrows. They were trying to impress some girls that were afraid to come down the path, so the guys were commenting on how lame the thunder and lightning effects were. When they got in front of me and I jumped down off the stand, two screamed and one fell down from the startle. That was a memorable moment.

Eric
________
K1100LT

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I overheard one mother saying to my wife: "You know, your house is the talk of all the neighborhood kids before Halloween - they can't WAIT to come here!" Kinda makes it all worthwhile...

·
Registered
393 Posts
A little girl had been checking out the house. Watching me decorate a little here a little there. On halloween night she was ill with a flu bug. She begged her mother to come to the house. So her mother helped her get in costume and brought her to my home and only my home. Then back to bed for the little girl.

A family was at the local Applebees and were told about our house and the full size candy bars we were giving out and had to come!

Had lot's more but those were the best, I think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had this group of kids come to my house saying "we knew there was a awsome house here all we needed to do if follow the fog down the block." other then that we had alot of people take pics on our lawn. lol i liked that.

·
Registered
301 Posts
compliment

Here's mine:
"Hey your halloween party was great,
ya'll really know how to throw a party.
It's not one of those parties your really bored at,
ya'lll always have something going on.
Thanks for the invitation!
=]]"

Coming from a teenager....

that makes me proud.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Our best compliment actually came the night after Halloween. We saw one of our neighbors from down the street and they said just about everyone who came to their house was talking about how awsome ours was and was saying "you should see what they're doing at the corner house. it's awsome" and stuff like that. It's always great to hear compliments from people standing in front of you but to know that they're saying great things when you're not around to hear it seems to mean even more.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts