Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had lots of great comments this year, but my favourite was the woman who told me that she loved my haunt because it was funny and smart and sophisticated. Yay me! lol
That is exactly what I was going for.

Another told me that she preferred my haunt to Disney's Haunted Mansion.

Lots of people telling me that they look forward to Halloween every year just so that they can see what I have done.
And one family that moved away came back to the neighbourhood to TOT just so that they could see our haunt.

I put out a 'ghost book' this year. So now, I can get inspired all year round!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a columnist in the Atlanta newspaper say "I have another neighbor whose Halloween display puts Univeral Studios to shame; it's so elaborate, people from all over make a point to drive by. Figures move, fly by, pop out and make scary sounds. It's "boo-tiful" "

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a little boy around 8 or 9 telling his little brother who was 5 or 6, " This, is what Halloween is all about." when walking up to my house. That was absolutely awesome.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
People were telling me all night how much they enjoyed my display, but I think the biggest compliment was when one of my daughters, who was handing out candy & glow bracelets to ToT'ers with me at the time, asked if I had a strobe light going in the graveyard...which I did not.

Took me a moment to realize what it was she was seeing, once I saw a camera flash - there was such a steady stream of people taking flash photos of my display, my daughter thought it was a strobe light.

Now, that's a compliment.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Having a Mom come by and said I made her pee her pants last year or the 2 high school girls that came running up and the stop DEAD in their tracks when they saw me sitting there all dressed up!!:D:eek:

·
Reaper Queen
8,622 Posts
I had the 2 canpground haunts, plus a small one at home, I recieved commentst all 3 places, at the first one, I had folks say mine was their favorite, and alot of people kept coming back again and again, . One guy asked where I got my props, and when I said I made them, he said" I was impressed before, now I am really impressed".
The second camping haunt, I had alot of people take pictures of it, and ask if they could stand next to my props to have their pics taken, (and won best site in the park!)
At home a few people said how much they liked it but one guy really kept going on about how great it was. Mind yiou, I only had a few of my things out, so that was good.!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had quite a few people tell me that our house is the best house.....etc and that is great to hear but really was not the best comment I think I recieved. One family came through (Dad, young Son, and Daughter) towards the end of the night and they tiptoed around because I heard the Dad tell his kids "one of these monsters is usually real". Well they found me (actually I scared them first) and the Dad told me that "they hold off on coming to my house until they are through the rest of the neighborhood so they can linger about, take everything in, try to figure out some of the illusions, and end their night with a great experience". I found that to be a great comment for its content and after talking to him for a while from somone who seemed to appreciate the time & effort it takes to put it all together.

Since this turned into a little story...After they left we had a few more ToT's...and a few more scares....hehe but he soon returned with his wife (they live 2 blocks away) so she can walk around as well and then after they left he came back again but this time with his Mother who was giving out their treats that night so I got the entire family!

Each year I seem to recieve a comment that really strikes home and I think that was this years.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mine was from my neighbor. We usually don't get along and she is the reason I try so hard on haunts. She does one up every year and people used to go on about it, so I decided I had to do mine better. Every year we would try to one up each other. This year I didn't do any decorating until Halloween day (I took off from work to set up). About halfway through the night she came over to see what I had been up to all day and told me, "I was starting to get disappointed because you hadn't put anything up yet. I thought you weren't going to do Halloween this year. Well, you've outdone yourself this time." It may not seem like much, but coming from her it was very high praise.

Finn

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
One guy told me he still has a pic on his phone from several years ago of my yard. I was impressed that he hasn't deleted it!
I got many-many comments on one prop that was disapointing only because it was one of the things I DIDN'T make. It was one of those flying bats you hang from the ceiling, I had one hanging from a tree over the cemetery and people LOVED it...LOL!

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Mine would have to be a family (mom dad and son) that came by. They stayed for a good 10 minutes just gushing over the whole setup. They could not get over how great it was. They even said "No one does anything like this arounfd here, there is nothing for the kids." Plus they took some pics of our haunt.

Hopefully this means they will tell all their friends and we'll get more tot's next year. That totally made my whole year!!!

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
My yard display pales by comparison to some of those I've seen here. But in my humble little town I got several compliments. Several little ones were afraid to come up to my door so their older siblings came to get the treats. And one teenager said mine was the best in town that he had seen. <sniff>

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
This is my first year doing it, so i thought it looked kinda junky. Two guys walking their dogs absolutely loved everything we had done. Then as we were taking my daughter trick or treating at the neighbors we looked back and there was a group of people looking at our house and 2 kids were crying that they didn't want to go to "that" house. I bought that creepy crawly lady from spirit of halloween and she was a hit. Money well spent to accomplish exactly what I wanted. Next year bigger and better!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The best comment was actualy not a comment at all. It was the screams and laughs of the crowd as they went through the trail to turned around and go through yet again!! The fact they were willing to go through multiple times was worth all the hours putting the Haunted Trail together. RAWR!!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts