Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

This story is biggish news in the UK at the moment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2464171/Halloween-display-frightening-children-making-Stevenage-police-warn-man.html?ico=ushome^mostread

google "Halloween display Stevenage" to see the reactions and over-reactions to the news stories!!!!

It has been discussed on national radio and has been in all of the papers etc as well as TV news

maybe this will explain what some of us UK haunters have to put up with. - you don't know how lucky you are!!!

p.s. it is not my haunt, and a good job too as I feel I may be locked up!!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It,s crazy one kid walks past and cries and his mum reports it to the police , bet she was the same woman who called the fire brigade because she found a big spider in her bath ..... these people should be forced to go on a course to show how much money there reports cost the tax payers , like the guy who had the haunt said , why didnt she ask him , he probably would have toned it down for her .....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was ridiculous. I know that part of my haunt is scarier, and has been more gory than that.

some children have left crying (and a couple of adults!!) but the parents have never blamed me (one said that the she thought her son was crying because he was tired)

I have seen parents walk past, ask their son/daughter if they want to go in, and if they said no, just keep walking. its not that difficult

+ I am sure there would have been another road to walk down for 2 weeks.

·
I am the one who knocks
1,939 Posts
It,s crazy one kid walks past and cries and his mum reports it to the police , bet she was the same woman who called the fire brigade because she found a big spider in her bath ..... these people should be forced to go on a course to show how much money there reports cost the tax payers , like the guy who had the haunt said , why didnt she ask him , he probably would have toned it down for her .....
The fire brigade for a big spider? No, that kind of thing requires a hit man.

When so many busybodies are trying to ruin haunts in your own country, you hope that other countries are spared from the same sort of stupidity. Unfortunately, that's not the case. That's too bad for that guy, and for all the haunters subjected to incompetent parents.

·
Registered
166 Posts
To be fair, I can understand why people are upset. I wouldn't put something quite so gruesome outside myself. Skeletons and tombstones and stuff, sure, but I would have saved the really gory things for indoors.

But then, I know there are a lot of young kids on my street.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I only setup my yard for the one night , so i guess that's why i have not had any complaints because the next day its gone , this guy was raising money for cancer research surely that shows his heart was in the right place to start with , i suppose because his setup was there for couple of weeks it made it easy to get him visited by the boys in blue , last year we had incidents with teenagers egging houses not mine as i was giving out sweets but some were egged , so the boys in blue were driving around our area looking out for trouble makers when the police van came past my house it reversed and they all piled out had a good look and had a laugh with me , the only thing they asked me was was it a real knife my Michael Myers mannequin had in his hand of course it was,nt so they were OK , hell they even took cookies with them when they went , lets face it kids are not like they used to be they are inundated with horror and graphic violence with computer games etc , i crapped my pants at the daleks when i was a kid and hammer horror for crying out loud my kids laugh at that now , its a different generation , and as has been said before if you don't like it cross the road , why the hell do the majority have to suffer because of a very very small minority ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts