Halloween Forum banner

What Trick or Treat Stuff do you give?

2K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  Deathtemple 
#1 ·
One year we gave out small Microwave Popcorn bags, one year we gave 1 free frosty's for Wendy's (They come in a book for $1), and another year we gave Halloween gummies in a bag from Sam's Club. We have given M&Ms, and Peanut Butter cups before too. Anyone give out money? You would be shocked how I loved to get money from a house. It was like $.05, but I glad I got it. :)

#3 ·
I love to make small baggies with a few treats inside...usually a small chocolate bar, roll of rockets candy, lollipop, couple pieces of gum. I remember when I used to trick or treat I'd love the little baggies, they were like small presents and I was always so excited to see what was inside. :p

#6 ·
I also do the baggies those were my favs when i was a kid..i couldnt wait to tear those open and c what i got..idk if anyone would remember DuNKIN dONUTS USED TO give these suckers just for halloween they were a cookie? base and covered in chocolate and had a sugar candy on the top such as a witch or a ghost..our landlords at the time bought me and brother 1...those were my altime FAVORITE OF ALL TIME!!!

#13 ·
We give out an assortment of mini chocolate bars and gummies.

This year since it's on a Saturday, we might do up treat bags :)

#14 ·
Has anybody seen those big huge fat Reece's pumpkins???? They're like double the amount of peanut butter. One of those was almost too much for me to eat (wow)...and it took a LOT of milk to get it down.

I got 20 of those and they're for the first 20 ToTers, provided we get that many (we usually get very very very few...I'm trying hard to work up a reputation around here so more kids come). Those suckers were a DOLLAR each. Ouch. But...yum yum, how decadent they are!

So we have goody bags, three different types, and I have these Reece's now, and Act II popcorn balls and let me think...little packages of jelly beans. I also have some glo necklaces left over from last year. i'm going to snap one to make sure they're still working and will then add those to the first batch of bags too.

Getting excited, can hardly wait now...

#15 ·
i buy candy that I won't eat, lol! i bought 2 huge bags of funhouse assortment with now and laters, nerds, sour stuff, and gummies. the only things i like are the banana flavored now and laters. I was tempted to get chocolate but I won't kid myself, that would all be gone before Halloween!

#16 ·
So few trick-or-treaters come around here, I can afford to spoil those who do show up. Walgreens was selling several of those DVD double features of old horror movies in the public domain for only $2 each. I bought five. May today's trick-or-treaters have as much scary fun watching them as we did when we were little.

#18 ·
In a thread much earlier someone brought up cotton candy. I hate the stuff but we have a cotton candy machine and will probably fire it up for Halloween night. I realize some folks may hesitate to take the cotton candy so we will have candy bars too. I believe the Cotton Candy will be a hit though.

#20 ·
I only give out stuff I eat, because we usually have a good bit leftover after the holiday:

Laffy Taffy
Airheads
Swedish Fish
Mary Janes
Bubble Gum
Popcorn Balls
Blow Pops

I also gather up all the little Halloween stickers, toys, and rings that I've accumulated over the years and throw those into the mix.

#21 ·
We get a good 250 - 300. I got bags that had mini hershey chocolate bars with little tombstones on them, also in the bag were mini hershey cookies & cream bars again shaped like little tombstones as well as mini receese peanut butter cups shaped like pumkins. all in one bag. I thought they were very cute.
I Got them at target in case anyone asks.

#22 ·
We get around 200, no more then 350 about.
But we mainly just buy LOTS of different types of candy, like mini bars
and sometimes spider rings and stickers and things.
We know it's a lot of money we spend, but we love Halloween, and we LOVE
to give them kids some big handfuls!

#23 ·
What the Rockefellers gave out...

Years ago - when our family lived in Charleston, West Virginia (the state capitol), it was a real treat for local families to take their children to the Governor's Mansion on Halloween.

The Gov's mansion was huge - as you can imagine. Jay Rockefeller was Gov - and his family spared no expense in making it really fun for the community. I recall the year he had a fully costumed Darth Vader answer the door. The entry was already pretty intimidating - the door seemed two stories high - and when it swung open, there was Vader in the main foyer, stepping out of intensely thick fog and wielding a light saber! With his trademark deep breathing and music from the Star Wars movie (it had just been released!) blaring, you could see our little tots shivering beneath their costumes!

Our little ones were sooo scared - until Vader bent down, saying "May the Force Be With You" and handed each a mega size candy bar! Not the usual size - not even the large size - but a SUPER size chocolate bar.

The brand? Naturally --
$100,000 Bars! It WAS the Rockefeller's after all. :) :D

#25 ·
I always give out bags of sweets that I've made up myself, that way I know how many TOT's I've had at the door and that they have all had exactly the same! I'm making up around 300 this year.I try to use Halloween themed sweets.
One year I had a load of Halloween toys given to me like werewolf gloves and vampire teeth, they came from a promotion at the local pub that wasn't going ahead. So, I got an assortment of foam beads in Halloween shapes and asked the TOT's to pick a bead out of a plastic pumpkin. The shape corresponded to a particular prize - that was really popular!

#26 ·
Pretty much whatever my wallet will allow and whatever I find interesting...mostly something I will eat myself just in case there is any left over, after all we don't get that many treaters

#28 ·
I just give out assorted 'fun-sized' candy bars and glow bracelets. I've have several kids pass on the candy to have the glow bracelets instead. (Although I was fine with them having both). They went faster than the candy.

I buy tubes of 15 bracelets for about a buck at Michaels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.