Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One year we gave out small Microwave Popcorn bags, one year we gave 1 free frosty's for Wendy's (They come in a book for $1), and another year we gave Halloween gummies in a bag from Sam's Club. We have given M&Ms, and Peanut Butter cups before too. Anyone give out money? You would be shocked how I loved to get money from a house. It was like $.05, but I glad I got it. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
What I usually give out is : a piece of fruit, a small toy, a bar or three of chocolate or boiled sweets & loose change (about (25c aka about 10-20p) in a bag

We're pretty generous.

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
I love to make small baggies with a few treats inside...usually a small chocolate bar, roll of rockets candy, lollipop, couple pieces of gum. I remember when I used to trick or treat I'd love the little baggies, they were like small presents and I was always so excited to see what was inside. :p

·
Registered
449 Posts
I also do the baggies those were my favs when i was a kid..i couldnt wait to tear those open and c what i got..idk if anyone would remember DuNKIN dONUTS USED TO give these suckers just for halloween they were a cookie? base and covered in chocolate and had a sugar candy on the top such as a witch or a ghost..our landlords at the time bought me and brother 1...those were my altime FAVORITE OF ALL TIME!!!

2,442 Posts
I buy Halloween cello bags and put a selection of sweets in them..stuff like jelly snakes, lollipops jelly beans, then tie one orange and one black balloon ribbon around them to hide the twisty bag tie.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
full size candy bars. we only get about 70-80 kids.
We have to give out the fun sized bars as we get over 600 TOT's. Expecting more this year with it on Saturday.

·
Registered
306 Posts
We've tried to give out treats that are matched with the theme we do for our home haunt. For example, our pirate theme we gave gold wrapped chocolate coins. Our spider theme we had cotton candy (spider webs).

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
full size candy bars. we only get about 70-80 kids.
Wow, that's a lot of kids, and that's a lot of money. How in the world are you getting so many trick or treaters. Someone getting 600? Is it because you guys or girls have haunted stuff in the front yard?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Usually Reeses, because I love them. ;)
haha. But I usually also pick up pixie stix as well. That way, you get the chocolate, and the fruity flavor. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
We give out an assortment of mini chocolate bars and gummies.

This year since it's on a Saturday, we might do up treat bags :)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Has anybody seen those big huge fat Reece's pumpkins???? They're like double the amount of peanut butter. One of those was almost too much for me to eat (wow)...and it took a LOT of milk to get it down.

I got 20 of those and they're for the first 20 ToTers, provided we get that many (we usually get very very very few...I'm trying hard to work up a reputation around here so more kids come). Those suckers were a DOLLAR each. Ouch. But...yum yum, how decadent they are!

So we have goody bags, three different types, and I have these Reece's now, and Act II popcorn balls and let me think...little packages of jelly beans. I also have some glo necklaces left over from last year. i'm going to snap one to make sure they're still working and will then add those to the first batch of bags too.

Getting excited, can hardly wait now...

·
Registered
668 Posts
i buy candy that I won't eat, lol! i bought 2 huge bags of funhouse assortment with now and laters, nerds, sour stuff, and gummies. the only things i like are the banana flavored now and laters. I was tempted to get chocolate but I won't kid myself, that would all be gone before Halloween!

·
Registered
432 Posts
So few trick-or-treaters come around here, I can afford to spoil those who do show up. Walgreens was selling several of those DVD double features of old horror movies in the public domain for only $2 each. I bought five. May today's trick-or-treaters have as much scary fun watching them as we did when we were little.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We get a ton of ToTers. We live in a town where the majority of it is rural. So many parents drive their kids to our neighborhood. We've gotten between 300-500 each year. This year I anticipate more because of it being on Saturday.

·
Registered
600 Posts
In a thread much earlier someone brought up cotton candy. I hate the stuff but we have a cotton candy machine and will probably fire it up for Halloween night. I realize some folks may hesitate to take the cotton candy so we will have candy bars too. I believe the Cotton Candy will be a hit though.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I only give out stuff I eat, because we usually have a good bit leftover after the holiday:

Laffy Taffy
Airheads
Swedish Fish
Mary Janes
Bubble Gum
Popcorn Balls
Blow Pops

I also gather up all the little Halloween stickers, toys, and rings that I've accumulated over the years and throw those into the mix.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts