Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built my PVC frame for my hangman and I am trying to figure out what to use to pad him up to make him look more realistic. What have some of you used to fill PVC props out? Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't stuff mine with anything. I attach chicken wire to the PVC then wrap it around to how much I want the clothes to stick out, then used some picture hanger wire I have to tie the ends together. It stays lightweight for easy movement and the wire stays how I put it.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,605 Posts
foam pool noodles will flesh out arms/legs. Chicken wire as mentioned. Old scrap foam can be wrapped/taped. A chest area can be a simple plastic bag stuffed with newspaper and hang the bag handles round the neck stem. Lots of cheap methods.

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
I agree with the foam (noodles, sheets, & vests). I have used it on many props. I haven't used chicken wire in years, but it did work very well. Lately, I have made several Duct-Tape-Dummies. They are a bit of a pain to make, but the results speak for themselves.

PVC "Skeleton" + Duct-Tape-Dummy Skin + newspaper & plastic grocery bags guts = Awsome Prop!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have built 2 PVC props this year and I used foam rubber, the white packing material used for shipping, bubble wrap, and swim noodles. I like the idea of using life jackets, that would really fill out the chest area. I also got my hands on some mannequin heads to to fill out the top and with the mask on looks pretty real.Here is what one of mine looks like. Tell me what you think. Be kind please as this is my first try at this. :D View attachment 6491

View attachment 6492

View attachment 6493

View attachment 6494

1 - 8 of 8 Posts