Halloween Forum banner

What to search for at yard sales....

3506 Views 15 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  litemareb4xmas
Need to start searching thru the yard sales to find good props for the halloween party this year. Besides the obvious, what sort of things are good to find to make props out of? What have you all bought at yard sales to use as props/builds? If you have pics, please post them too.

I just don't want to not buy something that might be great because I hadn't thought of it...

TIA
Kaye
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Depends on what sort of haunt setup you do too.

In addition to the other suggestions, I'd be looking at old suits or fancy dress for corpses, large picture frames, tacky lamps that can be creeped up, ect...

I am trying to do the inside of the house in a more Victorian/old fashioned type setup, so I look for old furniture and decor that looks similar to that style.

Just found a birdcage with floorstand for $2 that's going to have something pretty creepy inside. Got a puffer fish that's going to be placed in a bell jar as an odd display piece...

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Hey Frankie's Girl, I found one of those birdcages at a yardsale some years back and I used it for Halloween too. That's my son Shadow (yes that's his real name)dressed as Barrel from NBC. That's my victorian lady in the background.
ooooh, I love your birdcage! My find isn't as antique looking, but once I get it painted and decked out, I figure it will fit in. :)

(like your son's name too :D )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.